New Video Request Please

paddy

Website
Visit site
Hi , i am just requesting some more video of the OS in action,and if possible and not too busy could we see some multitasking on the Pandora? i would love to see some music/radio playing in the background ,radio prefered as it requires more cpu, while running a video muted, while having a web page open like facebook , and an open pdf to read, and the gimp open with an image to edit and mabe open office open as well? once all open it would be nice to quickly go through the active tasks to get an idea if multitasking with this many apps is possible.I understand ED and Craig are busy bees at the moment but i cant help but pray the Pandora can do it, i hope so, yeh mabe not all that i mentioned but radio/audio with a second app running isn't too much to ask for is it?

Well, you did see some multitasking on one of my latest videos.
MPlayer, as it is known, doesn't use hardware acceleration yet and needs 80 - 90% CPU for video decoding, so there is not much left for other Multitasking things :)

Running Abiword, Mousepad, XMMS, Midori and Pidgin at the same time switching tasks is no problem.
You can see me running ClawsMail and Pidgin at the same time in one of the last videos, as well as a shell together with mousepad and the video launcher (Python video).
So you can see how task switching runs.

It's like on the PC: Multitasking looks the same for any app - as long as you have enough memory and CPU power. So I don't think it makes much sense using the little time I have to show what I have already shown.

It's not about being lazy and not closing a program that is not needed but more to do with the basic fact that lots if not all users will want to listen to music while browsing the net or mabe do some general computer related tasks while working on something else like file extraction and reading/typing an email.I did love ED's latest vids but i am asking to see some real time multitasking and not simply an open prog with idle cpu, but i understand what ED has said about the media player not running on ~

EDIT:
Hardware drivers and that would mean a test like i requested would not be possible as the video player would kill everything else.Thanks for getting back to me ED.

Back