News From Gp32z

T

TelcoLou

December 16

There was a misunderstanding with Gamepark Holdings and us. The latest batch of Gp2x units features firmware 1.0.1 which does not have 2gb support. The firmware with 2gb support will be released in a few days. Because of this we will flash your Gp2x with the latest firmware once its released then ship it out to you if you email support@gp32z.com your name, order number, and request to do so. All orders will be packed today and ready to be shipped out tomorrow so please get your email in by Friday.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Very cool of them to flash the units for you ...

So it looks like we may get our new F/W just in time for Christmas. YAY :D

reallynotnick posted on Dec 16 2005 at 03:19 PM said:
But can they flash my u-boot yet?.......

I got an email saying he could as soon as they got a jtag setup.

I need the service too.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 16 2005 at 10:08 PM said:
December 16

There was a misunderstanding with Gamepark Holdings and us. The latest batch of Gp2x units features firmware 1.0.1 which does not have 2gb support. The firmware with 2gb support will be released in a few days. Because of this we will flash your Gp2x with the latest firmware once its released then ship it out to you if you email support@gp32z.com your name, order number, and request to do so. All orders will be packed today and ready to be shipped out tomorrow so please get your email in by Friday.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Very cool of them to flash the units for you ...

So it looks like we may get our new F/W just in time for Christmas. YAY :D

Good news about the firmware update. :)

grahf posted on Dec 16 2005 at 10:19 PM said:
I'm dying without my 2gb card... this 128mb junker i picked up just isnt cutting it!

Ouch on the 128mb junker, the way things have moved so qucikly I already feel I need to switch from 1gb to 2gb.

Can you upgrade it yourself? Or is it best for them to do it?

[EDIT]Urf, i guess i doesent matter now. Just got an e-mail that they sent it.

I guess the only thing about them that I dislike is how they say they've got gp2x units "in stock" when I'm now starting to doubt that was true.

I have no idea if my unit has been shipped or if this is an option at all to me so how are any of us supposed to reply by today? For all I know I won't even be getting a 1.01 firmware. But I guess that would be a best case scenario since it would mean mine was "in stock" and already on the way.

edit: and then I checked my email and found I had all my questions answered exactly one hour before posting this :rolleyes:

dioxide posted on Dec 16 2005 at 06:25 PM said:
Can you upgrade it yourself? Or is it best for them to do it?

It's very easy to do ... just put the files on your card and re-boot ...

But then it's only that easy if the device likes the look of your SD card. I've tried four or five cards and got nowhere. That included some Sandisk ones, which were on the list of cards that are known to work. YMMV.

barnesy posted on Dec 16 2005 at 06:38 PM said:
But then it's only that easy if the device likes the look of your SD card. I've tried four or five cards and got nowhere. That included some Sandisk ones, which were on the list of cards that are known to work. YMMV.

True ... I have a dirt-cheap generic card (Impact brand, 256MB) I got for $13 from Wal-Mart that works every time, flashed my firmware, etc ..

My 1GB Partiot sometimes isn't recognized by the GP2X, and just hangs during boot ... games freeze, etc ...

NeoStuey posted on Dec 16 2005 at 11:17 PM said:
Ouch on the 128mb junker, the way things have moved so qucikly I already feel I need to switch from 1gb to 2gb.

I feed a need to ditch the puny 1 GB card and move to 4 GB. When can we get the full capacity on this thing? Why only incremental steps? Common GPH just go all of the way, jeez ;) fuckin' L4m3rz ;)

reallynotnick posted on Dec 17 2005 at 02:24 AM said:
Blah posted on Dec 16 2005 at 06:55 PM said:
Umm...they don't make 4gb cards, and GPH don't have any say in it.

Ummm yes they do, just extremly hard to find plus they cost an arm and a leg.
However they are, after all, HUGE :)

I've seen some cheaper than that, however 2 gb sure are enough space and cost at once.

it would be smarted to buy 1GB SD cards, that way if you lost a 4GB one, first of all thats a lot of money down the drain, and you lose everything on it, but if you had a couple 1GB cards, wouldbt bad if you lost 1.

Ive got mine confirmation email. All im waiting for is the damn USPS to deliver it!!!

Back