Nintendo Revoloution Preview?

WTF?

Hmmm... why would someone make sure an elaborate video though if it was fake?
Still, I can't see how this thing works. How is it controlled?

Plus, VR has been done before and failed. Nintendo tried this before with the Virtual Boy and failed. Why would they do it again? Just doesn't make sense.

Still, we don't even know if this is genuine or fake right now, so I won't say any more.

Just seen this on another forum.

Can I be the first to say "Toaster"?

Gotta say it, if it IS genuine then it looks damm sexy! Got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up! Now if it is fake, and Ninty show us some boring hi-specced console at E3 then I'll be very disappointed. And we don't want that, do we?

But "make games"....?

Very interesting. Don't really understand how Mario would work but hey it looked cool. And the whole metroid thing where u wear a visor, i had that idea after finishing the 1st metroid prime.

White Demon posted on May 14 2005 at 07:44 AM said:
WTF?

Hmmm... why would someone make sure an elaborate video though if it was fake?

Because Nintendo fanboys have a LOT of time on their hands :rolleyes:

As you pointed out, why would they go back to the VirtualBoy, Nintendo's only true faliure? Only a fanboy would boast about the VirtualBoy being a 'revolution'...

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it's a bit too elaborate to be fake.that's a lot of 3d animation,cutting,movie making etc. even for a trained fanboy with time on their hands.i say it's real,and i say it looks crappy.ok,you can walk and the sensor sees you walking.what then?how about jumping?running?walking more?shooting?and dvd media?come on!as sad as it sounds,this looks exactly like something nintendo would do,and works with whatever has been hinted at lately.then again i could be wrong,but who knows.
i don't see a lot of developers jumping on this one,it can't be a piece of cake to program.i think they're a bit too far ahead of themselves.oh well

actully,i just noticed something.it has to do with the name.you see how whenever they say revolution they show a sign with a bar and a circle starting after it and ending on the other side?it looks like a power on button,but it's actually a revolution,as in 360° revolution around itself.get it?it's both supposed to mean recolution as in something new,but also as in round space,like space all around you.the metrid environment reflected the space of the room the player was in.i think that's what they mean by making your own games.see the bit with the record button?i thing it recognises space in some way,and translates that into 3d environmens?i don't know.

the mario and metroid models looked like crap though,so it could be fake.BUT,if it does reflect the players environment,it would make sense for the models to reflect a more realistic body size.i mean,mario looked as tall as luigi,and samus was pretty smallish i think

Well, if it has the option to output to a traditional tv...

But don't dis it yet! At least it could be more than ANOTHER plastic box, with yet another faster processor etc.

Come on, it has a drive to Make Games....?

And you can get two slices of toast at once?????

No, I say this looks exciting. I want to play games in new ways. If it is true, then good on Ninty for not just uppping the specs.

(why am i always defending Nintendo? I dunno!)

It's fake, according to IGN. Someone has waaaay too much time on their hands.

And the only reason the VirtualBoy wasn't successful is because graphics back then were nowhere near good enough for 3D. It was just a red gameboy basically. Nowadays virtual reality would be massively succesful, I mean we practically have photo realistic 3D.

interesting but no thrid party company would probably take that on so it would have a small set of games and wasn't it suppose to be backward compatible too or did I just make that up

Nice try but that trailer goes on for way too long without saying very much. Normally taster trailers are short and snappy.
Nice idea though, for a toaster. ;)

Didn`t see the video yet, still downloading, but how are you supposed to control the gamecube games since this thing is downward compatible?
They have to make something like a normal GC controller...

Answer: it's fake and the troll who made it wanted to pack in the most ridiculous ideas he could find. Nice job with the Castle sequence, though!

OMG please let that thing be fake PLEASE. :angry:

seriously though, if that IS fake, it was REALLY well done, much respect to whoever did it for making a very convincing trailer.

But please let it be fake or I will have lost the last bit of love I have for Nintendo... until the next GBA comes out anyways.

Back