Nkotb

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

I've started (another) site about the GP32, for various reasons. I think the GP32 can't have enough fan sites to grow the community. Anyway, please let me know what you think:
http://www.pea.co.nz/gp32/

The main things I'm after are:
1) Links to other community members sites - these are people big in the scene that contribute code, tutorials or other knowledge
2) Links to any mods, or accesories (chatboard, GPS etc)
3) Any info about the GP32 itself (history, specs, performance results etc)
4) If anything on my site is just !wrong!

My background:
I don't own a GP32 yet, but I'm hoping that with a bit of smoozing my fiance (soon my wife) will get me one for christmas. I have coding experience (ASM and basic on the C64, AMOS on the Amiga500, c++, delphi on win32) and used to work as an internet developer making win32 client-server apps and larger corporate websites. Now I run my own business developing online games in flash (www.pixelthis.co.nz).

Anyway, very shortly (probably after my honeymoon) I'm going to start coding for the GP. My first aim is to develop a fully featured PDA application with chatboard support. And (of course) developing games from scratch :) Its not just my job, its what I love to do.

So any help is most welcome!

Hmm quite nice, here are my suggestions

1.Replace the black gamepark with a normal, white one, this just looks like you con officially buy it.

2.I think the links (ABOUT GP32 . WHERE TO BUY . MODS & ACCESSORIES . LINKS) are too small, I first thought there where only those pics at the site to click on.

3. Add the spray mod and the led mod (example: www.reloded.com) and the glas screen mod (don`t have any link, look around the forum.)

I have one question yet, would you ad any links related to the gp32 or just developer and the big community pages?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Appreciate the comments, though I was more after content suggestions than design :) re: Black GP - I quite like black. I got the idea from the official gamePark site (http://www.gamepark.co.kr). I'll add a clause to the 'about GP' site letting evryone know that the GP is actually white though :)

Good mod suggestions. I will add them as soon as I can. (spray mod, glass screen mod, led mod)

And, yes, feel free to suggest any links you can. I am also after things like:
1) Homebrew games
2) Commercial games developers
3) Tutorial pages
4) Game and application reviews
etc

Cheers

Added:
Led select and start button mod
Glass screen mod
Spray mod
Additional info on GP (size, weight, colour)

Changed:
Menu more visible

Cheers

how about setting links to pages like GP Comics (look at my sig)

We need more of those pages like the GPComics or GP Theatre...

Is the name of your post nkotb as in New Kids on the Block for a reason..oh wait, your the new kid on the block. I was thinking all early 90s

you can link to my site if you want as well, its in the sig.

I think it would be a good idea to put all links to gp32 sites together, well, the useful sites, that give sth to the community, such as news sites, developer sites, game collection sites, wallpaper sites, movies sites, etc. etc.

It's GP32 BLU not BLUE.
Your link beside GP32z on the where to buy page links to gbax rather than gp32z.
Thanks. Fixed the typo, and changed the link text (link was right, text was wrong).

how about setting links to pages like GP Comics (look at my sig)
So far I haven't been able to get to your site, sorry. Just times out. But when I do, I'll add it!

greenmikey: Yeah I was referring to my site being the NK on the B... nothing deeper than that!

you can link to my site if you want as well, its in the sig
Done! Thanks. Good luck with the wedding if it hasn't happened already. I'm getting married in Oct 2004 too :) 2 weeks...

I think it would be a good idea to put all links to gp32 sites together
I agree... send them in, and I'll check them out and link them. I think its amazing that there are so many out there - but sometimes its just so hard to find them!

If you wan't a similar site. Go to www.gp32world.co.uk
Yeah, I link yto them too. They have a huge wallpaper section...

Later I will be adding:
1) My own projects
2) Tutorials & Programming guides

I realise other sites already offer these things too, but I say its great for the scene to have more supporters. Bring em on..

The new BLU units available from Lik-Sang are rated at 166MHz - and only because after testing, these units didn't fail, and so are sold as garanteed 166MHz capable.

That's not right now is it, It's sold as "Up to 166Mhz". www.GBAX.com sell garanteed 166Mhz Blu's.

Liksang said:
32 Bit RISC CPU (ARM9), up to 133/166MHz

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see it :huh: probably something to do with redirection of .tk (they do redirection dont they?)

Back