No longer possible to find your own posts?

hmn

I'm trying to look up an old thread that I posted in - but I can't seem to find a way to list/search my past posts any more - the search function ("Posted by member") as well as the Postings page and "find all content by..." in the profile page only list threads that I created, not posts I made in other threads...

I'm pretty sure that this used to be possible - has something changed, or am I blind?

Only shows my threads.
Interesting - now it shows this thread as well my reply in this thread - but other than that only the first post from threads I created.

Please tell us exactly what you want to search and we'll help you find it and in turn tell you how we found said content.
I want to see a list of all posts that I made - "google this for me" is not a solution here ;-) But you could test the search feature by picking a random post and then trying to find it via the search.

I think the search feature is broken, or a search index is incomplete in the database or something along those lines...

Random post search:

I did a search on the word "database" and this actual thread/your thread came up in the search result.

2018_09_02_19_53_08.png

I'm not sure if the 'find all content' thing has ever really worked since the migration to xenforo. I've also noticed that sometimes it shows posts but often it only shows threads, which tends to be the same as 'find all postings'. It works on ED's profile, which I was just checking to ensure he hadn't been exploded in the refinery explosion, but I was looking for nikolauses big PCB thread, and noticed it wasn't working then.

@SONY: As I mentioned earlier, posts in this thread show up for me as well (in "Your content"), while others don't. So it is inconsistent.

Another example: In this thread, if you search for "retrode", it does not find anything (changing between "this thread/this forum" does not make a difference), even though it is mentioned twice by levi and ED.

xenForo documentation mentions the possibility of rebuilding the search index:
A required action once the import is complete is to rebuild the search index. Failure to do so will make it impossible for searches to be performed on the imported data. To rebuild it, click on the Tools tab and then the Rebuild Caches icon. Depending on the number of posts and quantity of data, this could take a long time.
Could be worth a try, although the thread mentioned above is from august, so that could indicate an ongoing problem rather than just a stale cache.

I'd guess rebuilding the caches for this place would take a while, and if that translates to downtime, it might be better to live with it for a while. That said, I'd say it's probably better to do it now than after the Pyra comes out, when we'll all be excitedly discussing our new units and software will come flooding out.

Also, for example searching for "ruck-man" finds old posts from 2007, but not this thread from 2018.

And finding that post is indeed pretty challenging because it is still in the 'off-topic' section instead of the Fenix/Bennu section as we requested. Mods were probably too busy banning folks ;)

BTW. I have shared ruck-man with a relative who is really 'into' pac-man and he plays it almost daily now (on his Ubuntu PC). Works like a charm :)

For the record: these search issues that I had seem to have been fixed (or fixed themselves) in the meantime :)

Back