No Road To Hd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hch

no thanks
i thought that a couple of days ago there was a poll by mweston about possible HD out options. for the heck of it i can't find it anymore - has it gone or did i dream this up?

sorry for opening a topic on this.

*puts on his official tin foil conspiracy hat and waits for the crazies to arrive*

I'm fairly certain HD out is impossible, so you probably dreamed it.

No, he didn't. It existed. MWeston posted a small message about possibilities of some kind of daughter board to provide HD out, without explaining the details of how it would be achieved. A lot of favorable posts, and then it disappeared.

I think MWeston probably got all the brainstorming he needed out of the thread, perhaps he had it removed so people didn't run with a bunch of HD rumours. It was just a hypothetical after all.

Nope, I haven't checked it in a few days and now it's suddenly gone. I have no idea what the latest results were. :(

:eek: That's odd then. Does this forum have a deleted threads repository I wonder? Maybe it can still be retrieved for you. The poll was leaning heavily towards DisplayPort from memory.

iirc, in that thread it was told that display-port would be pretty small and cheap adapters for hdmi/dvi/vga are available.

I haven't checked that claims at all, but I must say that the more compatibility with other standards, the better, so displayport would be my personal choice, too.

i didn't notice it was gone at all... it's a conspiracy! craig and ED hate the pandora! craig's going to write a review and post a video about how much better the dingoo is than the pandora. they're going to try to hamper it as much as possible while they are the ones who are contributing to it and selling it.

Nope, Had a good look, And it`s definitely not there, Hidden or otherwise.

Vanished off of the face of the boards, It`s a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

I`m sure there is a logical explanation for it`s sudden disappearance.

Hopefully we`ll find out.

But for now, Please everyone calm down about conspiracy theories. :)

Trooper

It WAS there - but hidden.
The last post was a Spam post, so I guess a moderator wanted to make that spam post invisible and accidentally made the whole thread invisible.
Fixed :)

and now to find the moderator responsible.

EDIT: *gasp* i just realized. this unknown moderator may be the one who is preventing wiz news from getting to the front page. he's anti-pandora and anti-wiz! let's go find him and lynch him! let the conspiracy theories continue!

Actually it was kinda scary, because I was reading the first 3 pages from that thread when I wanted to go to the fourth page a minute later, the board told me some files where missing to display the thread.
After several attempts of trying to go back or refresh the page I figured the forum bugs where back, but after seeing that the only missing thread was the HD one, my conspiracy machinery started to work, specially since you people don't delete threads.
But luckily it wasn't oiled and jammed when trying to give a damn making me return to lurk mode.

Pity it was actually a mistake, I had the hope that the pandoras would actually ship with an HD port as a gift for all this time waiting and MWeston was giving away the surprise.
I know, stupid, because cases had been shown with no extra output, as well as the motherboards (and he was asking which port to use, a bit late at this point), but that was what little I made in the first minutes. :lol:

Phew!!!, Glad that`s sorted out, Thanks Evil Dragon.

I must have been looking with my eyes shut. :rolleyes:

Anyway, This threads run it`s course, Problem sorted.

Thread LOCKED. :)

Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back