Non-Technical Question About Webgl

cobaltage

I was thinking about some ideas for the Pandora app store, which are a little unrelated to the main point of the post but appear below. Then I read something about WebGL, or the incorporation of hardware-accelerated OpenGL and OpenGL ES into HTML5. I was wondering what sorts of things might come out of this standard for the Pandora and devices like it. Maybe someone imaginative and more knowledgeable about these things has some expectations about it.

Regarding the Pandora app store:
I was thinking that it ought to be able to give better feedback to developers and maybe host official support forums for apps. There's extra screen real estate on Pandora compared to the iPhone, and in the iTunes App Store, users frequently balance their app reviews by giving an average rating based on the quality of the app as is and the potential of the app with fixes, or users promise to increase their ratings if certain bugs are fixed in the future. Then, developers leave feedback to user reviews in the app information screen. Maybe the Pandora app store could have a better mechanism for interaction between users and developers than the iTunes App Store allows.

How does this have anything to do with WebGL? I was thinking that maybe the Pandora app store could have a 3D interface or something. Just because.

yeah...
webGL is a total gimmick right now...
same with 3d css effects.
turns out, its possible to make an effective store without rotating cubes, and floating garbage. you'll have to be creative though.

Back