Noob Question - How To Compile For Arm On Windows

Anhaedra

I want to try to compile minivmac to see if it will just run on the GP2X... Then maybe upload the source for someone to code in mouse support, etc later. But the thing is, I haven't a clue how to do it on windows. (windows XP 64 bit) I've compiled on Linux before, but my experience there is limited too.

Well nevermind, the install guide for minsys turned out to be the most unhelpful thing possible, so I gave up. What a complete waste of time. <_<

EDIT: Er... Actually I may be making some progress... Please ignore my negative comments for they are frequent and often followed by comments opposite in nature.

Ok I got the first one working, and compiled the demo prog so I know it works. But the minivmac source code does not include a makefile. How do I make one?

Edit: I took a guess and executed sh.exe and typed ./configure, but it gave the error shown in the picture. I think it might be related to Windows XP 64-bit?

untitled4dw.jpg

Anhaedra posted on Mar 8 2006 at 04:55 PM said:
I suggest to use Andlinux but use ooPo's toolchain instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooPo's toolchain works almost perfectly in cygwin as well, and cygwin is a bit easier to set up.

Back