Now, 07/2011, where are we?

Epimethee

Still Fresh
Hi,

I watched all videos I could about the OpenPandora, I asked once here, looked reviews, one video per day....but I still have questions.

I'm not a professional in SD cards. Will the Transcend SDXC class 10 work with the device?

Then, where are we today with PS1 and N64? I saw videos, wiki's, but no recent videos. Can someone record 2/3mn of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and from Final Fantasy VII? Not at beginning, maybe where there's more sprites and graphic stuff (boss battle FFVII? Video? - Gerudo Valley?)

Thanks so much (would appreciate a really quick answer about the SDXC, I still can cancel my order :p

Thanks!

Someone told me that particular card didn't work...

There's a wiki page with all the tested hardware, but I can't seem to find it.. Someone will link this below me probably.

Hi,

I watched all videos I could about the OpenPandora, I asked once here, looked reviews, one video per day....but I still have questions.

I'm not a professional in SD cards. Will the Transcend SDXC class 10 work with the device?

Then, where are we today with PS1 and N64? I saw videos, wiki's, but no recent videos. Can someone record 2/3mn of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and from Final Fantasy VII? Not at beginning, maybe where there's more sprites and graphic stuff (boss battle FFVII? Video? - Gerudo Valley?)

Thanks so much (would appreciate a really quick answer about the SDXC, I still can cancel my order :p

Thanks!
That card has problems apparently. SDHC_compatibility_list

I would stick with SDHC, my Centon 32GB Class 10 works like a charm. Whatever you do, though, do NOT buy from eBay! I recommend this store (run by one of our community members!) if you live in America.

PCSX-ReARMed is amazing, it's safer than not to assume any given game runs perfectly, or close.

Mupen64 passes with a C; several key games run well (or occasionally, perfectly), but there's still work to be done.

I've heard mixed things about how well OOT runs, but I think FF7 runs perfectly.

My Sandisk 64 GB class 4 card works flawlessly. I just ordered a Lexar 128 GB class 10 for my camera, but I'll give it a go with the Pandora and let yous know how it works out...

Hoping for end of next week since its a holiday here in the States. But definately want to see how it'll work! And will let you know my results.

Hi,

Thanks!

I've uploaded a video for you... I downloaded a save file from the internet so you can see a boss battle. I clocked my Pandora at 850 Mhz, mine gets unstable after this point.

Disclaimer: I suck at FF and I've never recorded a video before. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XAwN2IHbMHI?feature=oembed

I don't have any videos, any videos but I have tried Ocarina of time recently. Compared to the PSX emulator (really fast on FF7, even when at 500), Ocarina time is a lot slower at 600+. Not unplayable, you probably could get through a lot of it if you don't mind the slowness and stopping. I stopped playing when entering the Deku tree, don't know how it plays farther then that.

So its not unplayable, but from what I've seen / heard on some android devices n64 is near full speed. So maybe if the someone is thinking of buying a pandora for only emulator a mid - high end android device may be the better choice.

Haven't tried at 1000, maybe it Ocarina of Time might be faster

I've uploaded a video for you... I downloaded a save file from the internet so you can see a boss battle. I clocked my Pandora at 850 Mhz, mine gets unstable after this point.

Disclaimer: I suck at FF and I've never recorded a video before. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XAwN2IHbMHI?feature=oembed
That video is very nicely done! Thanks!

The fact that FF7 doesn't use CD music (I think) makes it obvious that at 850MHz it's slowing down whenever the game uses many transparencies (which is understandable - I seem to remember hearing that the Playstation couldn't do transparency natively, or something along those lines).

I'd be interested to see Einhander and maybe Ridge Racer Type 4 as a couple of graphically rich games that require quicker reactions, although as far as I know both those games use CD music, so presumably that will have to be judged by eye (and thumb) rather than by ear.

All I can find for Type 4 on youtube is a video from 7 months ago saying it runs at 'near 60fps' on 1GHz. But PCSX Rearmed has had some updates in that time, hasn't it?

All I can find for Type 4 on youtube is a video from 7 months ago saying it runs at 'near 60fps' on 1GHz. But PCSX Rearmed has had some updates in that time, hasn't it?

Do you mean this video?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2E1a7hJEssI?feature=oembed

If so, bear in mind this was pre notaz' PCSX-ReARMed and was running on zodttd's PSX4Pandora v5. Its closer to 50-53fps max there really and cringeworthy in the piss poor driving. I should know, as its my video.

Under the new emu, r6 just failed to run it at all ,going to a black screen after NAMCO and r8 does likewise. This is not the emu but something gone awry here, as all my other games still work. Off to figure that out
tongue.gif

Back