Now For Some Bad News..

We can hope but you never know, nothing is certain. I am pretty sure he feels obligated to do something for them right away. Just like what happened w/ YOYOFR he was given a Zodiac and has stopped everything to to do the Zodiac first. While Rlyeh may not abandon the GP32 entirely it may mean a huge delay of the GP32 projects :angry:

stop whining, even if he left the gp32 (what i dont think) he have done more than enugh for us.
Well said. Rlyeh's given us some fantastic emu's as it is and already poured his heart into his gp projects. I do hope, though, that the public fgen beta is released soon. Mmmmmm... genesis...

EDIT: Sorry DaveC, I forgot to thank you for informing us. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rlyeh said he first wants to complete all his emulators by the end of this year (read Hookas interview!)

So: No worries!

stop whining, even if he left the gp32 (what i dont think) he have done more than enugh for us.
Yes he has done alot. That really wasn't the point. I think it is kind of tacky though to entice coders by throwing enough stuff at them until they do stuff for your system. The GP32 community doesn't even do that. If someone even asks about an emu here in our own board they get flamed to death. With them they not only ask, but they give out free hardware and software until they have almost no choice.

Obviously it is Rlyeh's choice to decide what he works on, when, and on what system.

Although the Zodiac gamers are "helping " to make that decision with "free gifts".

I just wanted to point out the chicanery that is going on over there.

When the new Fgen beta comes out with z80 support I will donate another $5. I can't believe they didn't even spell his username right "ryleh" indeed :lol:

I think it is kind of tacky though to entice coders by throwing enough stuff at them until they do stuff for your system. The GP32 community doesn't even do that.

Pirotic and the chatboard? Isn't that similar, going by your logic? I don't see a problem with it. Chatboard support is kinda handy in Gigas.

If you want your platform to have a killer app, you encourage the devs to make it. Whether it's the manufacturer or the scene supplying the tools is irrelevant.

When the new Fgen beta comes out with z80 support I will donate another $5. I can't believe they didn't even spell his username right "ryleh" indeed :lol:
Yeah, they have been after him for months and still cant spell his nick right ;)

I donated 50 Euro for a working GBC emulator with database, zip support, etc. at the Spain contest last year - that's when fgb32 popped up.
So I'm pretty sure rlyeh received some stuff and donations from us :)

Ha , ha , ha..
So Rlyeh is doing a bit of work on the Zodiac..
Suits me fine...
As long as its one of these 2 i don.t mind , sure Craig won,t mind either as any development on EITHER console will benefit the other one despite the large differences between the 2 machines.
I just wish the signature was signed for on the LJZ - SNES/MEGADRIVE emu on the Zodiac.
The GP32 will still get pushed further and evolve as it has done.
Developers will come and go but new things will come out for the GP32 all the time.
Everday is like a Christmas.
Smile.
All the Best,
Davey Fontan...
Original Mystical Ninja... :ph34r:

Yes he has done alot. That really wasn't the point. I think it is kind of tacky though to entice coders by throwing enough stuff at them until they do stuff for your system. The GP32 community doesn't even do that. If someone even asks about an emu here in our own board they get flamed to death. With them they not only ask, but they give out free hardware and software until they have almost no choice.
your so off the mark its untrue.

really, we're insanely lucky that coders do anything for us!

the zodiac community have got the right idea! these people are doing you a favour and i see nothing wrong with the community taking the initiative (sp.) and offering things to devs.

imagine if the gp32 community could get together $300 odd to give to a coder, they'd happily churn out loads of stuff for the gp32!

and of course the coders have a choice, they don't have to code, but the enthuisiasm seen in the zod community must make it very attractive to coders! as you said, a lot of the time here there is just people demanding updates to emus!

Back