Nub Issue.

matb_uk08

Still Fresh
Anybody else experience any issues with their nubs?

I find that up, left and right move the mouse cursor quite happily but down moves the cursor much slower.
After moving them about a bit, down seems to stop working altogether.

Also, sometimes when i close the lid and it goes to sleep, when i later wake it up, it doesn't respond to mouse clicks.
I have to push the power switch over, the screen switches off, press the power switch again, screen comes back and the mouse clicks work again.

matb_uk08 said:

I find that up, left and right move the mouse cursor quite happily but down moves the cursor much slower.

Also, sometimes when i close the lid and it goes to sleep, when i later wake it up, it doesn't respond to mouse clicks.
I have to push the power switch over, the screen switches off, press the power switch again, screen comes back and the mouse clicks work again.

Seemingly at least one other:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53653-my-pandora-review/page__view__findpost__p__858897

Pleng said:
Well one of the flaws of my Pandora is that the down direction on the d-pad doesn't register unless its pressed pretty firmly, a lot firmer than the other directions. The A and Y buttons cause quite a lot of friction against the shell, and the shoulder buttons also feel pretty inconsistent. It's nothing that bothers me in particular; it's about what I realistically expected from the system. I can, however, understand why some people who are more particular about these things would be upset after 2 years of promises of perfection from the Pandora team.

Last edited by a moderator:
The nubs have to be calibrated - when you first turn on the Pandora, move the nubs to their extremes (up/down/left/right) and in between, let the nub center .. this was explained by EvilDragon already .. for sure, the nubs need to calibrate.

Have you tried going in "settings" then "nubs" ? You should be able to sort your problem there.
(i'm using xfce by the way)

Monk said:
matb_uk08 said:

http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__858897

Pleng said:
Well one of the flaws of my Pandora is that the down direction on the d-pad doesn't register unless its pressed pretty firmly, a lot firmer than the other directions. The A and Y buttons cause quite a lot of friction against the shell, and the shoulder buttons also feel pretty inconsistent. It's nothing that bothers me in particular; it's about what I realistically expected from the system. I can, however, understand why some people who are more particular about these things would be upset after 2 years of promises of perfection from the Pandora team.

Hmm my issue is with the dpad. Nubs are working just fine for me.

It might be possible to fix your dpad yourself.

Do you want to open the case at all? It's being caused by the lip of one of the rubber tubes being glued on to the dpad slightly off centre.

SteveM said:
craigix said:
Do you want to open the case at all?
May we take this as confirmation that opening the case will not affect the warranty?

I would imagine opening the case voids warranty unless the creator asks you to.

craigix said:
It might be possible to fix your dpad yourself.

Do you want to open the case at all? It's being caused by the lip of one of the rubber tubes being glued on to the dpad slightly off centre.

It's fine. It's not a big issue for me. Lucky I got this unit rather than a 'hardcore' gamer :)

Pleng said:
Monk said:

Hmm my issue is with the dpad. Nubs are working just fine for me.

Bugger - I connected the two (left, right, up = working, down=pita" together and missed the context of different controls. My bad, sorry :(

Well, we will know if you have opened it, it's pretty much impossible to hide the fact as it's glued together inside.

torpor said:
The nubs have to be calibrated - when you first turn on the Pandora, move the nubs to their extremes (up/down/left/right) and in between, let the nub center .. this was explained by EvilDragon already .. for sure, the nubs need to calibrate.

Is that only the first time you turn on your Pandora? Or whenever you turn on your Pandora? Just curious.

-God Ginrai

Sphinxter said:
So you advise people to fix their dpad and sticky shoulder buttons after you glued the case shut? That's so idiotic and fucked up I don't know where to start.

If they want to try to fix it they can try, the unit does belong to them and it is possible to fix the dpad issue. But it's up to the user. There is nothing idiotic about giving advice on how to do it.

paulguy said:
Are there or will there be instructions on opening it properly? I figure the glue would make it difficult to open without breaking it.

It's easy to open the bottom half as long as you are very very careful. The top part, where the LCD is, is glued and is NOT user serviceable.

I'm guessing due to "I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so very tired."

Back