nVIDIA SHIELD™ ANDROID TV console - OUT NOW!

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
hSyIZPa.png

nVIDIA SHIELD™ ANDROID TV (4K Android Home Game Console)

1) Tegra X1 

2) 3GB memory

3) 16GB storage + Micro SD slot for storage expansion

4) USB 3.0 ports, ethernet, HDMI

5) Price is $199 - that includes their low latency Shield Controller which comes standard

6) They rolled out GRID also(out of Beta), which you can also use via Shield, stream games at 1080p and 60fps

Hmm, didn't realise GRID had such huge games on it. Seems they really put a lot of work to beef up GRID with a supercomputer install base

7) Launches in May
https://www.youtube.com/embed/TgphV2WC-Ig?feature=oembed
nVIDIA game console (the world's first 4K Android TV console) = US$199

http://gizmodo.com/nvidia-just-announced-its-own-android-tv-game-console-1689276003

shield-hero-image.0.0.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is obviously a very casual gamer option - a box that does everything, probably will do TV very well, and work "ok" as an old-gen gaming console, kind of. 

I don't think it will impact Sony or Microsoft much, because the ones who are buying these consoles tend to be more involved gamers in teh first place, at least in the first "tail" of purchases. It may impact the consumers at the end of the tail, though.

1) Tegra X1 
2) 3GB memory
3) 16GB storage + Micro SD slot for storage expansion
4) USB 3.0 ports, ethernet, HDMI
5) Price is $199 - that includes their low latency Shield Controller which comes standard + Remote
6) They rolled out GRID also(out of Beta), which you can also use via Shield, stream games at 1080p and 60fps
Hmm, didn't realise GRID had such huge games on it. Seems they really put a lot of work to beef up GRID with a supercomputer install base
7) Launches in May

Various sites for different bits of those specs +  the presentation itself which I watched live.

Yeah, to be honest, I'm very disappointed. It's nothing new or innovative. If thats meant to be a redefinition of the future of gaming, then the future is indeed going to be bleak.

Various sites for different bits of those specs + the presentation
Thanks mate.

Yeah, to be honest, I'm very disappointed. It's nothing new or innovative. If thats meant to be a redefinition of the future of gaming, then the future is indeed going to be bleak.
To be fair they didnt present it as being innovative in terms of gaming, more as being:

- low power

- budget-friendly (i.e. for the masses)

- capable of doing great TV and OK gaming 

It;s probably not for US (as in target gamers).

One correction SONY, I think the remote control is an optional extra and is not included. Only the Shield Controller comes standard with the console. 

Thanks, I removed the TV remote control.

To be fair they didnt present it as being innovative in terms of gaming, more as being:

- low power

- budget-friendly (i.e. for the masses)

- capable of doing great TV and OK gaming 

It;s probably not for US (as in target gamers).
Even at a low cost of US$199, it's still crap, imho.

Looks pretty awesome to me, very much so.  Good match for a 4K TV and movie streaming , GRID gaming looks good + the games they announced for it on the Android side look pretty good.  

I can't fault it really, it's won me over.

Thanks, I removed the TV remote control.

To be fair they didnt present it as being innovative in terms of gaming, more as being:- low power- budget-friendly (i.e. for the masses)- capable of doing great TV and OK gaming  It;s probably not for US (as in target gamers).
Even at a low cost of US$199, it's still crap, imho.
Can you play talos priniple on any other 199 usd harware right now?

Back