nVIDIA SHIELD™ ANDROID TV console - OUT NOW!

There are tons of greater than $200 devices out there but they can't run Saturn emulation the way Shield TV does. So Shield TV at $200 that can run Saturn emulator 100% speed is cheap. So, there's apple to apple comparison :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are tons of greater than $200 devices out there but they can't run Saturn emulation the way Shield TV does. So Shield TV at $200 that can run Saturn emulator 100% speed is cheap. So, there's apple to apple comparison :)
They're both Android TV consoles. Apple to apple comparison.One is cheap and can't run Yabause very well, the other is expensive and can run Yabause very well. I don't see what the problem is.

You can't possibly conceive of this notion? That two things can be the same classification, one being superior to the other and therefore rightly more expensive?

Two computers, one a 1.5Ghz dual core, the other a 3.6Ghz octo core: can you not fathom referring to one as cheap and slow and the other as expensive but oh so powerful? They're both the same classification of computer, just that one is more powerful than the other and therefore more expensive, even if the extra expense is well worth it. Is it also impossible for you to compare a $1.29 cheeseburger from fast food to a $12 gastropub gourmet burger?

Why does this breakdown on the Android TV consoles? Why are two consoles so uncomparable in nature simply because one can run a certain piece of software better? It's not eve "one runs it and the other does not", they both run similar software, simply that one is more powerful than the other.

We are talking about price range and not what's inside the devices right? Your comparison is taking another device much cheaper than the Shield TV and compared it with the Shield TV. So $50 compared against $200 is apple and oranges. Why don't you take another $200 dollar device and then compare?

beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead4.jpg

We are talking about price range and not what's inside the devices right? Your comparison is taking another device much cheaper than the Shield TV and compared it with the Shield TV. So $50 compared against $200 is apple and oranges. Why don't you take another $200 dollar device and then compare?
Or at the very least, he should take two devices that at least have a similar list of features, and capabilities. If you take the long list of everything the Shield TV has, and find another capable device, it will be "cheap" along side any of those devices, an "Apples to Apples" comparison. The argument your making doesn't hold water, as your trying to twist logic to fit in to your ideas, and it doesn't fly.

Chris

EDIT: Thanks SONY, that picture is classic. But are we beating a dead horse, or just trying to beat it back to life. Based on this thread, I'm not so sure anymore :p

Ok, whatever. I demonstrated that I understood what you were saying, you demonstrated several times that you're not even interested in trying to understand what I'm saying. This discussion went absolutely nowhere despite my attempts to learn something. I'm sorry you wasted my time.

Yes, ages ago.
How is it? Would you recommend it to friends and family? :lol:
Chris
It's freakin' awesome, imo.

As for recommending it to friends & family...Sorry, I'm not sure yet. I'll answer your question when the next OTA update comes out.

I lost a bit of interest in it since the AUD has tanked against the USD.  Stupid AUD, bring back the days it was worth more than the USD

And the shield fan boys were once again victorious against common sense. The End.

Probably a daft question..

Could I order one from Amazon USA without incurring any ridiculous extra charges?

Amazon USA 16GB  $199.99   500GB $299.99

Amazon UK   16GB   £234.99   500GB £359.99

Probably a daft question..

Could I order one from Amazon USA without incurring any ridiculous extra charges?
Most Amazon's ship worldwide, depending on the product, but your countries fees & taxes on parcels boggle my mind. I ship internationally almost weekly, and I always get the same questions from buyers. Sometimes they get charged, sometimes they don't. There are certain things that can be done, like labeling as a "Gift", or "Returns", but even those options aren't full proof.

After the Portable Shield, I thought Nvidia released the Tablet & TV in other regions? So that didn't happen I guess?

Chris

No, it didn't happen (yet?). :(

nVIDIA probably don't think the markets outside of the US are worth providing for.
Well, it seems like the Shield is a testing ground, as they still have yet to finalize the grid service and what specific direction they are headed overall. It seems like tons of lost revenue not releasing overseas, but I guess if they are still fine tuning their services, it may make sense.

Chris

My willpower finally crumbled.. I'm getting one delivered tomorrow, hopefully there aren't any issues as it's imported.

Could folk suggest a good mini keyboard/mouse with decently sized & responsive keys.

Back