Office Pranks

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
I am looking for good office prank ideas. I have a "cubicle" if you will (well, minus walls...). We've already done the usual, such as unplugging various devices, taping bottom of optical mouse, putting questionable food items in seats, taping bottom of drink straw, and I've even gotten in a clever one where I take a screen shot of the program screen and make it my buddy's wallpaper so he's clicking madly on the "resume activity" button thinking his computer froze and his break is being wasted...

But we're kicking it up a notch. I'm talking Frape, poking holes in drinks, giving "water tips" (putting bottles upside down, open, on paper, which usually results in large spillage), and putting pins/tacks on seats.

Yes, my job is mundane.

Anyway, I'm running low on ideas. We were aiming for a keyboard key re-arrange which would likely result in epic lulz, but that's time consuming and risky given it being company property and all.

So yeah, give me ideas! And nothing lame. Please.

Well the usual stull would include taping the whole "cubicle" with post-its (expensive) or wrapping all of the stuff (mouse, keyboard, etc.) in newspaper.
Though judging from your previous pranks you are looking for something more simple.

Another great idea, which I read somewhere:
Connect various items on the desk with the wheel-chair using nylon string (should not be too loose, but not too tight so it is visible), then push the chair right to the table (so it won't go any further).
Now when your co-worker returns from his break and pulls out his chair all the connected stuff will come flying at him (make sure nothing breakable or harmful is among it).

Some more simple ones:
If you happen to still use old computers and PS/2 mouse and keyboards, switch the plugs so the mouse goes into the keyboard box and vice-versa.

Hide some alarm clocks in drawers around the cubicle and set them to ring about 1 minute after each other.

If you have access to the computer (the desktop background story makes one assume you have), do the following (assuming you are on Windows):
Go to System Control Center -> Region and Language (that's it on Win Vista+, might be Keyboard Settings on WinXP) -> Keyboad and Language (Tab) -> Change Keyboard... -> General (Tab) -> Add...
now you can select the keyboad layout (which basically does the same than rearranging the keys). So to achieve some confusion select "English (USA, Dvorak)", which will "mess up" the layout pretty nicely (unless he already uses Dvorak in which case simply select the normal layout).
As the last step simply select the layout you just added as the default layout at the top the current window (General Tab), confirm the Dialog with the "OK" button and you are all set.

And make sure to tape some of this so we have something to laugh at, too ;)

foxblock out

Duct tape a fish bought at the supermarket to the bottom of a workmate's desk. Then turn down the AC.

I am loving that string idea. I'm not sure he'd jerk the chair out hard enough to get some laughs, that's the only thing. We were thinking about some string as well, probably the old string-on-dollar trick but that's not terribly funny. Of course we have to narrow the pranks down so that no more than 5 or so of us are involved....we don't want management to find out or we get bitched at.

we've already messed with the computer plugs. I tried to kill a keyboard earlier this summer but unplugged my buddy's entire computer LOL. He had to have management reset all his times claiming the computer "crashed".

moar

Haha, you sure get upset over my not taking your pranking thread seriously... not that surprising for someone who has probably long since passed the threshold of "funny guy" to "guy people feel like kicking in the face"

Find the guy who cant type without looking at his keyboard... there is always one or two in every office.

Pop keys off his keyboard and swap them around. Be subtle, dont go crazy, one or two keys is enough to mess with his head but not enough to clue him in on whats going on.

Iorgy77 said:
Find the guy who cant type without looking at his keyboard... there is always one or two in every office.

Pop keys off his keyboard and swap them around. Be subtle, dont go crazy, one or two keys is enough to mess with his head but not enough to clue him in on whats going on.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Anyway, I'm running low on ideas. We were aiming for a keyboard key re-arrange which would likely result in epic lulz, but that's time consuming and risky given it being company property and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old, but classic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOTBWlt0-Y0

Less old, less classic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1gi87N_fec&feature=channel

The greatest prank I ever pulled at work: I wrote "HAX" on a post-it and stuck it to his screen when he went to the bathroom. He returned and spent close to an hour trying to figure out exactly what had been done to his workstation before finally coming up and asking me. Took me a few tries to convince him that I had done nothing but when he finally got it we all laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyqFiMpPK5E

Watch The Office, or at least the related youtube videos.

I especially loved making somebody hit themselves in the head with a phone. Steadily put something like nickels into the receiver of a phone so they get used to the weight day by day, then one day take them all out...

Tape down the receiver button on their phone, then phone them up. When they pick up the phone it still keeps ringing. In fact when we did this we stuck the phone to the desk, receiver button down, and the receiver to the phone. Then when we phoned them up they tried to pick it up, couldn't, swore, ripped the phone from the desk, then frantically tore the receiver off, then said "Hello?" and then realised it was still ringing. When they eventually did get the tape off the button and answered, I said "Sorry, you took too long to answer, good bye!". I was literally crying with laughter with that one.

Replace their windows system sounds with screams and other horror sound effects. Or even better, record yourself shouting their name in the background, then use that as some of the sounds on their computer, that is especially good for when you are not in the office :)

Sneak up behind them and rub two packets of crisps on their ears. To them it sounds incredibly loud and really freaks them out.

Change their Windows screen saver to a picture of a windows Blue Screen of Death.

Place fun snaps under their keyboard, as soon as they type something hard BANG, and it's not harmful either. In fact fun snaps can be used in many places such as taped into a door frame, under chair legs or taped to a light switch in a dark room.

Find a wireless mouse, plug it into their USB port on the back. Randomly click the mouse or move it slightly when they are using their PC. It drives them nuts, especially if you are very subtle.

Fill a packet of Wotsits with that snack looking packing stuff, them offer them one.

Sprinkle salt into their coffee.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/giftsunder20/ae83/

The very simple switch monitor cable and mouse and keybord with two persons worked like a charm here. They were utterly confused when their computers as by magic switched place even though they looked the same :p

Back