Official Blog Post: Nearly There!

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
What? Another blog post? And still no pictures of the finished case?

Well... yes. but I thought you might be interested in the (good this time!) news we have.
ALL the moulds are finished now! They are currently doing a test injection (we should be getting the results tonight or tomorrow).

If the injection is fine, they'll ship the sample case via express to Michael. And if he says "Yep, that's what we want!" they'll immediately start producing.

And now here's our special deal: After talking with them, threatening their life and bribing them with more money the Gizmondo guys ever spent... ahem. Well, anyway, they agreed to start immediately and finish 1000 cases until December 1st!

The rest will follow shortly after, but this would mean we can start mass production as planned early december.

Okay, cross your fingers, pray to the mould injection gods and wait for some new pictures!

http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135%3Anearly-there&catid=2%3Ablog&Itemid=2&lang=en

:)

*bosbeetle Sacrifices some moulds to the injection gods.

fire.jpg

Asexual%20structures%20of%20Aspergillus%20niger.jpg

Die you beautifull shaped aspergilles niger

borgqueenx said:
1000 cases? :( we need 4000...i hope the "short after" will be about 3 days or so...

and all the cases can be produced in 1 day right? thats something i heard some time ago.
Last thing I read was 1000/day, citation needed..

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
1000 cases? :( we need 4000...i hope the "short after" will be about 3 days or so...

and all the cases can be produced in 1 day right? thats something i heard some time ago.

i think that was nuanced a bit, the factory is capable of producing 10000 a day if the whole factory is working on pandora's they also have other clients. And to make 10000 a day probably requiers multiple moulds (of the same type). This was mentioned some time ago. So 1000 before 1st of december is already pretty impressive thats next tuesday people!

Trevsweb said:
:( gizmondo insult -1 :p

Nope, not to the Gizmondo. I did like it, I awaited the new one and even wanted to sell it.
The console was good... but the people behind it weren't ;)

About the moulds: With the moulds we have, we can get 1000 a day, yes. The plan of the company was to produce 10000 cases and then ship them to us - which would've meant 10 days producing and 5 days shipping.

Now they ship after the first 1000 and ship them out via express (which should reduce shipping time by a few days).
So instead of 15 days, we have about 3 - 5 days.

And while we're assembling the first 1000, they can easily continue to produce the rest :)

Last edited:
so wuts the prop of expected ETA on the first and the very last panda?

so almost 99% guaranteed a christmas release of at least 1,000 units (minus any that fail testing)?
possibly more, but if not then shortly after?

There is still a big "if": MWeston has to decide whether the build quality is sufficient.

EvilDragon said:
Trevsweb said:
:( gizmondo insult -1 :p

Nope, not to the Gizmondo. I did like it, I awaited the new one and even wanted to sell it.
The console was good... but the people behind it weren't ;)

MASSIVE ED HUG!!!!! +1 !!!

borgqueenx said:
DroneB Dev said:
so wuts the prop of expected ETA on the first and the very last panda?
commence recalculations!

don't bother, the response will still be two month...

This would make Christmas really ace if it were here for then.

Yunno, thinking about it, I would PREFER it to arrive Christmas Day - ace present christmas day, it could transport me back to 1984 when I got my Spectrum 48k on christmas day. What a lovely day that was.

Pandora for XMAS! yay!

make it pandorastic Xmas 4 all!!

ouch this makes calculating my order number even more painfull

Back