Official TV cables

spaceharrier

Still Fresh
...are they ever going to happen.....? I placed an order for mine years ago (when I ordered my Pandora) - if everyone did what I did... then that a lot of $1,000's...

EvilDragon: I know the priority is to get the new Pandora's out - can you promise us that the TV cables will be made soon..?!

....just can't wait to play IREM's Dragon Breed on a big screen tellie.... then... Space Harrier... ;)

QUESTION: What's the first game you will play using your TV Cables...?

Street fighter II turbo for supernintendo.

My brother will promptly afterwards push me out of the way to play Time Slip for the supernintendo because that game is the shit.

Already made my own.. The first thing I did was play Homeworld with a USB keyboard and Mouse on the big screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to be honest, I don't know if mine will see any use. I've been using a CFW PS3 for emulation on the TV, and now I'm building a HTPC which will take over that role. Once you've had HDMI, you can't really go back to composite/s-video.

If I still had a CRT it would be a different story. I may get another one later on.

Well the Svideo cable I built if used in PAL mode on my DLP projector with 160" screen.. it's almost the same quality at 480p with component cables. It's actually still pretty good in my books.. not to mention games are just ready on the fly on the Pandora. I also tend to do n64 emulation with a real n64 controller via the adaptoid n64 to usb adapter I have..

.....who paid for it when they ordered their Pandora....? I reckon there would be 1,000's of us......

@Trashy - On a CRT or projector, I can see it being ok. Especially with N64. For pixel based stuff on an LCD TV though, sharp or bust.

You have reminded me that I need to get some N64 adaptors for my HTPC though, thanks :p It's a shame the Adaptoids aren't around any more, but these ones are supposedly just as good.

@spaceharrier - Based on various hunches that I have no evidence for, I'd say there are less than 1,000 original TV cable orders awaiting delivery.

DIY cable here, too. The first thing I played was Gravity Force. Reached a new personal high score that day :)

Check out the links at the bottom of the first post here: http://boards.openpa...ed-topics-here/

I don't think anyone is actually offering the service at the moment. Peca was building them, but that project has wrapped up now (he's not around). You can still buy the connectors and 'tiny BOBs' from ithic.com, which is run by forum member Link. If you buy all the parts, you may be able to get someone to build it for you for a fee. I don't know about other countries, but a case of beer is the usual currency in Australia.

...would we need a USB (connect to Pandora) to HDMI or RF Cable (red, yellow, and white) - for it to work?

Isn't there companies that make these specific cable setups? Or, is it more involved than that?

Any help to shed some light on this would be appreciated... I'm thinking that we're pretty much on our own on this.... and that we'll not have any hope otherwise to get our cables... :(

It's a shame the Adaptoids aren't around any more, but these ones are supposedly just as good.

Cool, I wanted to have two controllers.. now I can.

.would we need a USB (connect to Pandora) to HDMI or RF Cable (red, yellow, and white) - for it to work?

It would prob be too slow to play any games, as most of these devices are too slow to play any games on a regular Desktop PC.. USB 2.0 is just too slow.. These devices are fine for office work / Web browsing situations.

Not entirely sure what you mean by RF cable being Red, Yellow and White that sounds like normal Composite video which the Pandora is caple of doing. Unless your talking Component video which is Red, Green, Blue.. but that isn't RF base, but neither is Composite.

.. I'm thinking that we're pretty much on our own on this...

Not so, last I knew Fatih one of the founders.. he a quiet one.. was looking for a supplier to take on the task.. which are hard to find because these companies require minimum orders in greater quantities than the OPT will ever need.

Back