Ogone unable to use my card?

Djhg2000

Very Active Member
I'm trying to pay for my Pyra preorder but Ogone keeps saying "The transaction has been denied". I've verified I have sufficient funds on my account and entered the card info in every formatting I can think of. I'm running out of ideas, does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edit:
It's a Visa card by the way, I use it frequently both online and in physical shops so I'm sure it works.

Last edited:
I'm trying to pay for my Pyra preorder but Ogone keeps saying "The transaction has been denied". I've verified I have sufficient funds on my account and entered the card info in every formatting I can think of. I'm running out of ideas, does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edit:
It's a Visa card by the way, I use it frequently both online and in physical shops so I'm sure it works.

Does it have a daily spending limit? If so you may have to have your financial institution increase it.

-Neelix

Does it have a daily spending limit? If so you may have to have your financial institution increase it.

-Neelix

A very good point, it made me think for a while. I have used it for a transaction larger than the preorder before though so I don't think that's it.

Your company is probably rejecting it. Give them a call and tell them that you're not doing something stupid and are intentionally giving money to someone in Germany.

Your company is probably rejecting it. Give them a call and tell them that you're not doing something stupid and are intentionally giving money to someone in Germany.

I'll give that a try tomorrow, they would at least be able to tell me why it was rejected.

Honestly it feels like it would be easier to exchange the money for Bitcoins and pay that way, but I really want to get to the bottom with this.

I talked to the bank and they said I had to enable Verified by Visa on the card. I thought I had it enabled already but it definitely is now. How do I reinitiate the payment?

If it didn't work before, then the order had not been created, so simply reorder :)
Will do, thanks! :)
[doublepost=1462127472,1462126773][/doublepost]I tried to order one again, this time the payment went through but the store went to step 5 and said "We noticed a problem with your order. If you think this is an error, you can contact our customer support.". I logged into my bank and it shows I've paid to "GERMANY, WWW.OPENPANDORA". The order is visible on my order history and says "Payment accepted" so I think everything went through this time. Just thought I'd let you know of the bug ;)

Well, that's not really a bug... it's a bit annoying, but only happens sometimes (luckily):

When the credit card service takes a bit longer to authorize the payment, the shop creates the order, but as the payment is not yet confirmed, it will set it to payment error.
As soon as the payment gets through, it will automatically correct that status.

I can confirm your order went through properly :)

Well, that's not really a bug... it's a bit annoying, but only happens sometimes (luckily):

When the credit card service takes a bit longer to authorize the payment, the shop creates the order, but as the payment is not yet confirmed, it will set it to payment error.
As soon as the payment gets through, it will automatically correct that status.

I can confirm your order went through properly :)

Thanks, I can relax now then :happy:

Back