Release OGS Mahjong

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is OGS Mahjong, a Opensource Solitaire Mahjong game.
preview2.png

This game use glshim, and is developped with Ogre3D. It makes most SGX driver choke, and only 4.10 seems to run fine. I have put some workaround to try to mitigate the issue, but they are not perfect. Visualy the game will run ok, but you will exeprience frenquent mini-freeze.
The game is playable (because it's no action game), but really enjoyable on 4.10. So on CC model or when driver is not 4.10, you will have a warning message...

History log
=========

Build 01
------------
  • Initial build
  • Adaptions for the Pandora

Awesome game, thanks.

Note that at the start is uses a reduced tileset, so there are fewer different tiles and more than four of each of them.  It's also very hard to lose a game.  To get a real challenge, like the older games, set the tileset to classic, which will give you all the standard tiles, although you can still shuffle the tiles after you've run out of moves if you fancy completing that.

One problem I may have though is a couple of times in playing this, it's ended up killing my right nub.  First time it happened during the first game, but second time round I completed one game, and was into my second before it stopped working.  Using the nub configurator to reconfigure it didn't seem to help, and the input tester reckoned it wasn't moving.  A reboot sorted it, so I doubt it's a failing nub, but I'll have to test further and report back.

One problem I may have though is a couple of times in playing this, it's ended up killing my right nub.  First time it happened during the first game, but second time round I completed one game, and was into my second before it stopped working.  Using the nub configurator to reconfigure it didn't seem to help, and the input tester reckoned it wasn't moving.  A reboot sorted it, so I doubt it's a failing nub, but I'll have to test further and report back.

That's an odd behavour. What is your model?

1GHz, german built, with a broken power switch and a hacked out LCD connector (so I do everything over TV-out these days).  It generally works if I wake it up by plugging in the power supply (or poke it with the special cork and pin assembly I have to activate what's left of the power switch). Running SZ1.92 and 4.10 SGX driver.

I'll need to do some more testing.  I gave it another go and completed 3/4 games (depending on whether you count early restarts) and it didn't lose the nub, so it's still possible it's just coincidence.  I've probably put slightly more time into foobilliards these last few days though, and nothing happened there though.  It is a pain though - it's the only thing I've discovered so far that I can't fix with software, and need to reboot (but at least it seems to quit cleanly with a long press of the pandora button when I can't exit it normally).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back