Ok So, How Many Pandoras Are Shipped To Customers?

lobski

edit: typo'd "consumers"

ED and others gave me a confusing answer for this, so I would like to reiterate. Is it possible to know how many Pandoras have been shipped to CUSTOMERS? Not how many kits were sent to individuals to be built, but how many final end products are shipped directly to the consumer. I think ED told me something like 900, which obviously were not going directly to the consumers' hands yet. I am a bit worried that even for someone with a line of 450-500 did not even get their shipping email yet.

I am guessing about 300 or so are shipped to customers?

Thread with ED's answer I am somewhat confused about: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55937-200-pandoras-shipping-wc-16-august/page__view__findpost__p__905597

So I don't get it. When the Pandora team say "shipped" they mean from the factory to the assembly hall? Or am I missing something? Whenever I hear "shipped" I usually think of the company sending the product to the consumer. Not another middleman.

Last edited by a moderator:
The queue positions are not to be understand as reliable and exact values. They are guesses and there's no guarantee that the devices will be shipped in exactly that order, that's why everyone got a range instead of an exact position.
Additionally, you have to count in Fatih's and ED's queues, Fatih already got all Pandoras (20 IIRC) and ED gets every 4th built Pandora which are shipped to him in small batches where they will be sent to the people who ordered via his shop.
And with shipped they mean the finished devices leaving the assembly hall, either to Fatih, ED or directly to the customers. But I'm sure those are slightly rounded up values as some devices might have been used for warranty issues.

Based on our earlier numbers I'm guessing including the ~1 nub club puts it over the 900 by a bit as the batches haven't been perfect 100 units each time and the returns have also affected the number.

FYI I was 350-450 and originally got mine the end of June and my replacement (original had two dead nubs) beginning of August.

DaMummy said:
so yes, around 900 are already in CUSTOMER's hands
Are you sure its up to 900? How did you come up with this number?

Because 900 is the number both Ed and Craig have given on shipped units to customers, though the current blog update from Ed notes 800 so I do think the 900 estimate includes returned units and that the 800 is an estimate.

lobski said:
DaMummy said:
so yes, around 900 are already in CUSTOMER's hands
Are you sure its up to 900? How did you come up with this number?
official status says 800. this
There was talk of some 200 being held back for returns and the idea was that some of these would be shipped when production started an they could be replaced again.

Ugh, it's bad that your place in line doesn't correlate to how many boxes are shipped! Even if 800 or so are shipped, people "in line" under 800 still didn't get theirs yet.

Tokiopop said:
I got an email saying they're sending out the 1000th one...

What queue position were you ?

Weird. I've been in the mailing list since day one, and haven't recieved any mail from it in ages (no, spam filters hasn't caught any, either). I was told more than a month ago that my unit would be shipping with the next batch to be shipped, so I guess not a lot of units have been shipped during this last month... still, I'll be waiting (somewhat) patiently..

I haven't gotten a newsletter, but maybe it just hasn't gotten to me yet.

I seem to recall ED saying that Craig was sending them out 500 per day. Keep the sale flood down.

I was between 750-850 in craigs que. Does this mean I will get my pandora pretty soon?
If I am not mistaken, 25% of the pandoras goes to ED?

Heck, I was supposed to be 400-500 in the UK queue, does that mean I should get mine soon?

Cheers.

cowai said:
I was between 750-850 in craigs que. Does this mean I will get my pandora pretty soon?
If I am not mistaken, 25% of the pandoras goes to ED?

Don't forget Fatih is getting some too... I'm 650-750!

Back