Oldplay Issues

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
Hey, I really need some help with music players

I've tried Oldplay, Craigamp, GMU, and oompc2x, and the only one that has been able to play without any issues with sound quality is Oldplay.

However, Oldplay has a problem with crashing, and sometimes skipping and stuttering, though it has no static, which is why I like it. It seems to be very unreliable for me, but this doesn't appear to be the case for most of the people on this forum.

Can someone help me out so that I can get Oldplay working properly?

quadomatic said:
Yod4z said:
what Gp2x model have you?
I have an MK2.

BTW: The static I hear in songs on other MP3 players is fairly subtle, but it is definitely noticeable, and it bothers me.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem could be. But out of curiousity, what kind of files are you using? I notice a LOT of hissing from Ogg Vorbis files when compared to mp3, and that's always annoyed me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe there is a known issue having to do with the PCM buffer 'under-running' e.g. running out of sound data after a certain point.

I've had it happen, when Oldplay is run for very long periods of time (on certain bits of music). However you are saying its reproducible all the time?

I use GMU for one or tow hour on my GP2x MK2 without any problem with lot of MP3 and OGG files

Series-8 said:
I believe there is a known issue having to do with the PCM buffer 'under-running' e.g. running out of sound data after a certain point.

I've had it happen, when Oldplay is run for very long periods of time (on certain bits of music). However you are saying its reproducible all the time?
I was thinking it had to do with the PCM buffer. In Ubuntu, with PCM set to max in the sound controls, music sound similar to the problem I'm having in oldplay.

This usually happens on certain tracks, where there is heavy bass in the background. Songs like High Definition by Lupe Fiasco have this problem.

However, ALL songs skip at least once during the song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back