OMG!!

ahahah

omg it is in my hands, i never thought this will be realized one day :eek:

now, since i'm totaly noob and i don't want to do bad manipulations i have a ton of things to read in forums/wiki etc...

thank you all for this project.

[edit] i've just noticed that the battery is 4000mah. it was not supposed to be 4200?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job :) enjoy... Do lots of reading :)
Check some of the other " I've just got mine " threads :) lots of questions answered there :)

It just reads that on the battery wrapping. It should be 4200 mAh though.

Have fun!

(openpandora.wordpress.com, September 2009) ... Craigix: Oh, forgot to tell you all, the battery was upped to 4200mah and our tests are showing this monster is going to give ...

Where does it say 4000mAh? Perhaps they downgraded the rating due to them sitting on shelves so long.

Edit: mweston's site http://www.openpandora.ca/ still says 4000mAh. :) How's that for site-design :D

omg it is in my hands, i never thought this will be realized one day :eek:

now, since i'm totaly noob and i don't want to do bad manipulations i have a ton of things to read in forums/wiki etc...

thank you all for this project.

[edit] i've just noticed that the battery is 4000mah. it was not supposed to be 4200?
Get the Android PND and Pandebian running first so you can expand your software capabilities

thank you guys.

I'm charging it and have connected it to the wifi

i'm not sure to know where is browser ^^ lol

I think the current firmware only ships with links... which is ... links (a text only browser for those who dont know). Use PNDstore to get a browser (firefox,chromium,lightweight2... whatever) and/or PNDmanager (which I've heard is better at pnd managing but I have not had time to test).

ok i have inserted a SD card and creeated a pandora folder. in this folder i have created 4 folders (apps, appdata, desktop, menu)

with the pndstore i have installed the firefox 17 application.

it appears in the /pandora/apps of the sd card. when i right clic and "execute" this .pnd file nothing happens :(

what i have missed?

No, just doubleclick the desktopicon or start it from the menu or minimenu.

You cannon execute it by rightclicking.

Also, get pndManager. Best app for getting and updating pnds :)

Edit:

You did read the quickstartguide on the desktop, didn't you?

Yes.  You should have a desktop icon for Firefox, since it is located in "apps" folder.

Just click the icon on the edesktop.  Best way is to use the D-Pad to highlight the icon, then press enter button.

And yes, get the PNDManager from PNDStore, then forget PNDStore even exists.  PNDManager is much better.

yes i read some tutorials.

I've also read that the shortcut must appear in desktop but it is not the case. it appears only in the sd card. so there is something not good in what i have done

Sometimes it only appears on the desktop and/or start menu after a restart. Not sure why. Anyone ..?

I recommend downloading PNDManager and using that to download other PNDs. That way you can launch the PND from within PNDManager straight away once its downloaded.

yes but when i install pndmanager i can't launch it.

it is the same problem as with firefox. the .pnd appears in the pandora/apps folder and not in desktop nor menu. and when i execute it from the sd card nothing happens.*

[edit] they appear after reboot :eek:

ok an other one

some comments and wikipedia say the right click can be obtained by tap and hold the stylus on the screen. but i can't get it.

there is something to activate?

I think the rightclick was mapped to one of the shoulderbuttons on SuperZaxxon. It was possible to hold the stylus for some time in the past though.

shoulders buttons don't click or right-click :(

i can have it only with right nub (which i don't like to use for clicking operations^^)

The new default is holding ALT as modifier key and clicking on the touchscreen.

You can change that setting in the LCD Settings dialogue.

Back