Op And Pnp

droneb

hello pp, first of all yes i used the search engine and didnt find about it.

i would like to know on the actual Ver of the Panda OS /Kernel.

what kind of devices /and PnP will be supported for the USB

talking bout

* batt killers (led light, fan) (XD i believe they are 99.99% compatible and PnP with any device)
* keyboards common and not so common ones
* mouse
* Joystics (seen one vid using a PS2 2 USB device) (wut about force feedback? dual shock)
* modems
* flash memory
* xternal HD
* xternal Optic devices (readers and burners)
* printers (spooled and not spooled ones) or i'll have to use network ones?
* TV Tuners

and whaterver you would be thinking on plugging onto the pandoras Port.
* DVRs

I can't blame you, search engines are shit when you're not exactly sure how to describe something.

Anyway, these are guaranteed to work because they don't depend on data transfer:
Lights
Fans
Humping dogs

These are guaranteed because the standard drivers are already in the kernel:
Generic USB keyboards and mice
Generic joysticks (don't know about force feedback, not sure which games will support it)
Modems, probably... I don't know much about modems but they should be fairly standard
USB flash drives
USB hard drives (Probably won't have enough power to run properly unless they have an AC adapter of their own)
Optical drives (Again, probably won't run without external power)

These will probably work:
Printers, CUPS seems to support a lot of them by default. My laser printer works fine in Linux without any setup.

Uncertain:
DVRs
TV tuners
These might work, with the right drivers, if they exist.... I just don't know.

as Lulzfish said, but I can add.....

printers will work fine if HP or any of the mainline Linux printers, unfortunately ,Lexmark support is poor since they don`t have any open drivers (like any of their driver IP results in exceptional printouts anyway), and lots of people have Lexmark printers cos they're cheap and you tend to end up with them as presents (guess how I know...I had 2) .

DVR`s are not so likely unless they are more upmarket devices that do their own encoding, I think the Pandora would fall down trying to encode video and an audio track at the the same time, TV tuners SHOULD work, but most modern devices I have seen come with such c**p drivers and applications they max out anything under a 1.8ghz Celeron, on the other hand I had a Happauge digital tuner for USB 1.1, and although the drivers/apps where POS, when you got it working, it was just fine playing back and recording on a 1.2 Celeron laptop, so your mileage may vary, I know Asus do a tuner stick that works with the EEEPC under Linux, so the drivers etc may be open source, if so that may run or the drivers could be tweaked to get it work (frameskip on live video maybe?)

well, DVR aint that important, but the panda would become excellent if i could get live TV/FM radio signals.
ive seen some ones that dont actually work with a special driver, but they were built to act as a dynamic USB memory.
and you get the vid opening a file. and tune up editing a file.

I'm just hoping that there will be support for my microsoft usb gps that I've just got laying around looking for a use. :)

Back