Open Bounties

vadsamoht

Inspired by this thread on the old forums and because of the recent number of people offering bounties, I thought it might be worth keeping a list of all the development bounties that have been offered recently. I realise that there is a page on the wiki for this, but it seems that people are not using or checking it. I will also not track the bounty amounts as these change frequently, nor will I assume that the bounties offered on the other forum apply here or are still valid (because the last post in that thread was over 6 months ago).

Wireless driver w/packet injection - gotwake424

Final Burn Alpha - Blue Protoman

Command and Conquer - Scorpio

NAVIT - ABC

CAD Software - monty

Uplink - NESnero

Star Fox at full speed - Prometheus

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup - Gyges

Wagic - cube48

Mobile Firefox (Fennec) - onpon4

Sharp MZ-800 Emulator - b_o_b

Android Pandora port (Chrome OS and Ubuntu optional) - various

I will delete them from this list once they have been fulfilled, or on instruction by the bounty initiator.

As an aside, I realise that this is probably more suited to the Development sub-forum, however people have been posting their bounties and port requests in General Talk for some reason. Gruso, feel free to move this if necessary.

UPDATE: If you want to post a bounty please create a seperate thread outlining your expectations and reward. Do NOT just post here, or people will likely not see the bounty, and it makes talking about each project more difficult. Of course, feel free to post a note if a bounty has been changed or created and we haven't updated this post yet.

UPDATE 2: I have not had the time to visit these forums much recently, though I still check in every few days. If you notice a bounty not listed here, please PM or otherwise notify one of the mods (or myself), who can update this post at their whim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I looked at audacity as I would like this one too, and it doesn't look too hard, I'm a noob at stuff like this though.

Has anyone tried?

I'll try for sure.

Hmm, I looked at audacity as I would like this one too, and it doesn't look too hard, I'm a noob at stuff like this though.

Has anyone tried?

I'll try for sure.

A version has just been posted.

To slow. :rolleyes:

I knew it wasn't too hard.

If you make a better port, I'll give you the $10. (provided you got paypal or simlar that makes money transfer easy)

I'll try, but keep your $10, couldn't buy much for this anyway. ;-)

I realise that there is a page on the wiki for this,

Thank you for taking care of this administration work, tracking the bounty list. It would be nice if you could update the wiki too. This would avoid to have to do the same work two times.

I realise that there is a page on the wiki for this,

Thank you for taking care of this administration work, tracking the bounty list. It would be nice if you could update the wiki too. This would avoid to have to do the same work two times.
Your wish is my command. I intended to update the page when I made this thread, but never got round to it.

wifiwanted.jpg

Yes, agreed. I've been trying to figure out whether we can let any of the existing stickies go, in favour of this one, as there are rather a lot of them at this point. As soon as I (or one of the other mods or admins) figure that out, I'll sticky it.

Yes, agreed. I've been trying to figure out whether we can let any of the existing stickies go, in favour of this one, as there are rather a lot of them at this point. As soon as I (or one of the other mods or admins) figure that out, I'll sticky it.

Unpinned: System Specific Game Recommendation Thread.

It hadn't been updated in months, and threads keep popping up with recommendations for specific platforms anyway.

could move the specific game recommendations to other consoles thread and sticky it there

This again brings me to the old question: what happend to the DEV FUND??????

Did a single Dev ever got a single dime from this fund where alot Users droped money in? If yes, who, if not, why not?

I really hope Craig did not used this extra money for other things. :( This money really sould be used for stuff like this here, instead of users spent extra money for Bounties.

This again brings me to the old question: what happend to the DEV FUND??????

Did a single Dev ever got a single dime from this fund where alot Users droped money in? If yes, who, if not, why not?

I really hope Craig did not used this extra money for other things. :( This money really sould be used for stuff like this here, instead of users spent extra money for Bounties.

Just an idea, could people set rules for their bounty, get together and pool for a big bounty for these programmers, I am sure getting offered enough to pick up a beer for literally hours of work. Ouch.

To have a bounty or competitions with real prizes(ok so not that real, at least a few hundred though, maybe a few thousand for the biggies). The competitions would be great for bread and butter programs like emulators, graphic programs, office and others that are expected use. Many teams would compete for the pride, some would team up and share the prize, but regardless of who wins, the whole community wins, better quality, better diversity. And even improvements to existing software could be on the bounty program.

I believe Napoleon Bonaparte said, "Men will die for metals".

And no I am not saying take advantage of the programmer community, I am more so hoping that the programmers can be appreciated in a reliant way to them. And in a way that is close to proportional to skill, an award may be enough to get a programmer or group a number of contracts, and maybe even a dependable income. The best thing is that they get it all doing what they love and care about.

Anyone have some opinions on how feasible this could be? is there some way a bank account could be made to hold the bounty contributions? The money would be real, the requirements would be straight forward. If you are a programmer would you please weigh in on if you would like to participate in such a program? Maybe after so long the money would be redistributed to the contributors, or they could move their contributions to a new program.

Back