Open Source Game Engines

kin

Website
Visit site
Hi, I was looking for a game engine that is compatible with the GP2X and OPEN SOURCE.
Does anyone got links or suggestions? (tried the search option but it takes ages)

I found Game Editor, but that's commerial.

I want to create an 2D rpg game with a bit of gta action.

Thnx!

By game egine, are you meaning drag and drop game creator?
Or do you mean something that provides sprite handling routines, state handling, etc so you can concentrate on coding the game...
Erm I mean are you wanting engine framework to code around?

thnx for the replies.

Well it don't have to be drag n drop. I'm willing to learn and read some guide about programming.
I want to program with something that's like javascript, object orientated.

I'm not a good programmer (just simple if then else true or false and some switches, strings, vars n tables. Repeating tiles to generate levels.... collisons)
but I'm good with graphics. something that looks alot like Macromedia Director..

Most important thing to me is:
1. Open Source
2. Can run on a GP2X (linux?)

I saw a thread below "Where do I start?" but that's too complicated for me.

Well my SDL base engine, is available to use for anyone. It's currently only publically avialable to download by getting the latest source to CromoZome.

I intend to setup a google code page/SVN at some point, but I never seem to get around to it.

It's coded in C++ and I think it might be a bit too complicated for youself to use at this point... Not entirely sure. Links are in my signature below, in any case.

CACK will let you create basic 2d RPG type games (no boring fighting though), but it may be a bit too basic for what you need. The source is available if you want to hack other features in.

thnx!

I think im gonna try glbasic. Gonna take alot of painkillers against headaches :p

O.... wait! It's kina object oriented! Hmmm i got hopes :). Too bad it doesn't have a window with direct preview so I have to use my imagination. The programming is pretty the same as Lingo (Macromedia Director... a decade ago)

No I can build levels and basically let people generate levels with an external bitmap independantly.
I'll create some code that will read a bitmap and place specific tiles by reading the pixels colorcode and also a layer specially for paths and collisions.

Back