Open2X, Compatability And Dosbox

christo930

I finally took the plunge and installed open2x on my gp2x and the first thing I noticed was that dosbox doesn't appear to work with open 2x! Is this something I am doing wrong, or is this a known problem? If so, is anyone working on it? I managed to launch it with compat, but if I was using an 8gb card, would compat be able to see the card?

Am I now able to use an 8 or 16gb card? If so, do I have to get a special brand?

Are there any other programs that don't work with open2x?

I haven't had a chance to mess with it too much because I had to recharge my batteries, but is there anything special I should know?

Thanks,

Chris

b._.o._.b

Very Active Member
christo930 said:
I finally took the plunge and installed open2x on my gp2x and the first thing I noticed was that dosbox doesn't appear to work with open 2x! Is this something I am doing wrong, or is this a known problem? If so, is anyone working on it? I managed to launch it with compat, but if I was using an 8gb card, would compat be able to see the card?

Am I now able to use an 8 or 16gb card? If so, do I have to get a special brand?

I haven't had a chance to mess with it too much because I had to recharge my batteries, but is there anything special I should know?

Thanks,

Chris

Open2X is great! I don't see any problems with dosbox, I have only one game installed though but that works fine.
I've not had a brand of sdhc cards that didn't work with Open2X (on both my F100 and F200)

Last edited by a moderator:

senquack

I feel a great disturbance in the source
Website
Visit site
If you have to use Compat to run something, you can still use SDHC cards with the app. That's because Compat is still using the newer Open2X kernel.

I haven't heard any reports of incompatibilities with Dosbox, so haven't looked into it. I don't use Dosbox myself, but I'd be pretty surprised if it was incompatible.

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
Hi i would know if UAE4All (the amiga emulator ;) ) works well on Open2x (DR7) on F200...
since on my F200 (firm 4.1.1) don't work ...the emu start ,show the menu , select the game but don't load anything...

Thanks.

christo930

b_o_b said:
christo930 said:

Thanks,

Chris

Open2X is great! I don't see any problems with dosbox, I have only one game installed though but that works fine.
I've not had a brand of sdhc cards that didn't work with Open2X (on both my F100 and F200)
When I try to launch dosbox for keen4e.exe and dn1.exe it just hangs while "launching dosbox"
I even tried creating a new launch icon, but it didn't work. But I really haven't had much time since I installed it.
Can I use an 8 or 16gb card?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nkldmt

same problem here, been using open2x dr7 for quite along time and tried dosbox for the first time today.
It only works through the compat mode...anybody a clue on this?