Release OpenBOR

fantomid

Very Active Member
Latest revision could be found here

You will be able to play HE-MAN (forum link)

Simply copy the PAK in the appdata/OpenBOR/Paks directory

0000.png0001.png0003.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ! Something to test for the way back from work today :)

Crisis Evil 1 runs as well.  How do I configure the controls?

As far as I know, it is currently done within the game (pak) you start

Played through He-Man yesterday without a hitch. Also tried "Contra Locked'n loaded", but there is a bug thats lets one stay in the "jump roll position" and I encountered a situation where some enemy seems to be stuck outside of the screen. But looking at the comments on the openbor boards, I guess this is due to build incompatibilities.

Do you see any chance / have any interest on making your build more Pandora specific (scaling the menu up, makeing the menu key assignments Pandora specific) ?

I rated it 4 stars, which I deem a good to very good rating - and I'd like to encourage everyone to give a rating in the repo too (beeing it a "good" or a "bad" one) !

As far as I know, it is currently done within the game (pak) you start

Played through He-Man yesterday without a hitch. Also tried "Contra Locked'n loaded", but there is a bug thats lets one stay in the "jump roll position" and I encountered a situation where some enemy seems to be stuck outside of the screen. But looking at the comments on the openbor boards, I guess this is due to build incompatibilities.

Do you see any chance / have any interest on making your build more Pandora specific (scaling the menu up, makeing the menu key assignments Pandora specific) ?

I rated it 4 stars, which I deem a good to very good rating - and I'd like to encourage everyone to give a rating in the repo too (beeing it a "good" or a "bad" one) !
Probably.

At the moment, I try to finish the CMake file to be able to build new release quickly (for Pandora and Linux).

Will see after for a more Pandora specific version.

Join the forces with kazuki, because he already made OpenBOR port 2 years ago.. Do we need 2 different PND for OpenBOR?

Join the forces with kazuki, because he already made OpenBOR port 2 years ago.. Do we need 2 different PND for OpenBOR?
As I understand the new build was needed for the He-Man module..
Indeed, but we should offer an upgrade path for existing applications. I got a little confused when this was released the other day (Saw the news then went to PND manager only to see no updates.)

As I understand the new build was needed for the He-Man module..
Indeed, but we should offer an upgrade path for existing applications. I got a little confused when this was released the other day (Saw the news then went to PND manager only to see no updates.)
Ouch. For my first PND, I didn't follow the rules.

What is the best way to go to update software already present in the repository ?

Ouch. For my first PND, I didn't follow the rules.

What is the best way to go to update software already present in the repository ?
 Contact the maintainer and ask how to do things from there on. Maybe he is interested in doing it himself, or he can add you as maintainer for the repo, so you can upload updates too. The pnd/application Id is the important factor here, its the sole identifier for the application/pnd. If the author/maintainer does not respond milkshake or Ed can help you gaining maintainership.

I saw references to a Simpsons Treehouse of Horror pak, but the one copy I located was packages with a virus.  Have to try to get my hands on a clean copy...

What are the main features we need for the Pandora specific version ?

NEON optimized code probably

Contact the maintainer and ask how to do things from there on. Maybe he is interested in doing it himself, or he can add you as maintainer for the repo, so you can upload updates too. Th pnd/application Id is the important factor here, its the sole identifier for the application/pnd. If the author/maintainer does not respond milkshake or Ed can help you gaining maintainership.
The second entry in the repository has beed disabled.

Contact the maintainer and ask how to do things from there on. Maybe he is interested in doing it himself, or he can add you as maintainer for the repo, so you can upload updates too. Th pnd/application Id is the important factor here, its the sole identifier for the application/pnd. If the author/maintainer does not respond milkshake or Ed can help you gaining maintainership.
 The second entry in the repository has beed disabled.
Unfortunatly I do not know who the maintainer of the other build is (or if he is even active in the community anymore), so I guess its up to milkshake and/or Ed then to help you out (or some else who knows more).

Sorry, did not see that reply

What are the main features we need for the Pandora specific version ?

NEON optimized code probably
While optimizing things certainly does not hurt, I thought about the two things I mentioned:- Upscaling the menu: Maybe I did something wrong, but the menu only uses about a quarter of the screen (centered). It would be nice if it could use the whole screen, so pak titles would be easier to read

- Pandora specific key assigmnet: an Action/Facbutton to start the pak file.

Back