OpenSNES9x Unstable?

Evil_Cartman

I am made of jellay.
Website
Visit site
When i play a game in the new SNES emu, after 30 secs of gameplay with or without sound, it simply hangs.

help?

well if you mean it freezes than you are probably OCing too high. if not than maybe you should try reinstalling it in ur GP32.

There's a fair few people whose GP32s can normally handle 166 who are finding it can't with OSnes9x (although still does weith other things); can't remember which thrad the info is in, but its there. Try at 156MHz and see how that is for you...

Yes same here. Usually i can clock mine to 156 (with Snes9x and Castaway for example) but with OS9xGP it locks up after 5 minutes.

strange i dont have any problems with 156mhz.

are you maybe trying to run chrono trigger or sowrd of mana w/ sound, which hangs or restarts after a few seconds playing... ?

Antiriad posted on Dec 20 2003 at 09:33 AM said:
Yes same here. Usually i can clock mine to 156 (with Snes9x and Castaway for example) but with OS9xGP it locks up after 5 minutes.
same here, screen turns black.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no problems at 156mhz until i try it with sound, then about 10 mins into a game it freezes up, screen doesn't turn black, but freezes and sometimes does like a high pitch sounding thing, but if i go 156mhz without sound its completely fine.

yeah the same thing happens with me at 166mhz. try 156 though, its still better at that than the other 2 emulators at 166. playing chrono, fuckin beutifull game.

I dont want people to think that all i do is come here to bash openSNES9x as i could not do any better.

However at 133 im having a range of problems, the first day it was OK without sound but now it either crashes or i get a big black line down the middle of the screen after about 5-10 minutes play. When changing the controls the settings never save after i leave the option screen, some games feel slower on openSNES9X then they do on SNES9X ( Donkey Kong Country being the main one).

I do want to say that out of the people that can overclock about 95% thenk its great and works well for them.

Hmm.. Vey strange problem. My GP32 can OC to 156. I had no probs with 156 on oS9x yet..
I'm going to try ChronoT now with Sound at 156 fs 4 and with my power adapter.
Lets see what happends.

Edit: Yepp.. It dose restart.

Crash to black screen happens to me also, seems random though, happened in lots of different games when running and I haven't enabled sound at all.

Back