Openxile - Officially Open For Business

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Good day to you all!

I'm pleased to present to you all, openXile, a brand-new news website dedicated to every open-source console under the sun! In the coming weeks and from now on, we will be providing you with articles and up to the minute news on everything to do with your favourite type of console (The ones with free content ;)).

Anyone can post news and articles. Of course it's all moderated, so nothing untoward slips through the net, but after a certain number of posts, you will become a fully fledged contributor and we'll give you free reins.

We hope you'll enjoy the site, a lot of man hours have gone into making it exactly the place you want to be and hopefully it will pay off.

Thanks for your interest,

The openXile Team

Looks good. I hope to see it gain popularity.

Username posted on May 19 2009 at 01:22 AM said:
I had assumed that it was open all along.
It's been open since the end of april for those who could find it, but I never released the link. However, I've been constantly working on it and I now feel that it's finished and thus ready for members!

And thanks guys for your comments :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some errors when trying to register (also turns out I already was registered, unrelated), and when trying to rest my password. Oddly, the second time I tried to register worked fine (telling me I already was) without the page errors, so I'm not sure what caused the registration page errors. However, the password reset errors happen every time. I'm not trying to say anything negative about your site, just didn't have any other place to give you feedback on my errors.

Register:
(edit: I removed this section of output since it was long, and I couldn't reproduce the error. It was also a superset of the same errors below +1 more.)

Reset password:
CODE
Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'sf_mail_filter_from' was given in /mounted-storage/home90a/sub001/sc48794-UKCW/openxile.co.uk/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 166

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'sf_mail_filter_name' was given in /mounted-storage/home90a/sub001/sc48794-UKCW/openxile.co.uk/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 166

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home90a/sub001/sc48794-UKCW/openxile.co.uk/wp-includes/plugin.php:166) in /mounted-storage/home90a/sub001/sc48794-UKCW/openxile.co.uk/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 850

BackAssward posted on May 19 2009 at 10:13 AM said:
Thanks for your feedback. I've sorted out your password issue, and PM'd you with a new one, and I'm gonna take a look at that password reset bug right now

co.uk? Seriously?

Maybe "unofficial pandora blog" can integrate somehow with openXile?
I think I will visit openXile :)

cowai posted on May 20 2009 at 10:45 AM said:
co.uk? Seriously?
Maybe "unofficial pandora blog" can integrate somehow with openXile?
I think I will visit openXile :)

Hahaha i don't think that would go over too well with the owners of xile

.co.uk sites are responsible for ALL of the botnets with that generic top-level name. No wonder people are worried about visiting them.

The long-distance surfing charges are also prohibitive.

A co.uk site informs the user that "this is a uk site, made for tea-drinking British people who loves their queen."

:D

Back