Opera

mattmagoo

OFFICIAL
Website
Visit site
HELLO

the latest version of Opera has no ads, they have finally decided to make it free

gotta say its a bit quicker than firefox, although the default skin is a bit light :p

I am going to have to try it... at 3.6 meg it's not going to bloat my PC that much :)

Is there anything like Adblock in Firefox for Opera?

i have tried all the web broswers & have always stuck with either deepnet explorer or opera but i have to say that now the ads have gone opera is the king of broswers, it knocks spots of IE6 & firefox (which i think is cack)

I prefer firefox over Opera personally due to the extensions that firefox has, and how configurable and basic it is on its own.

don't you think firefox looks a bit boring though & runs slow?, i find opera really fast & it looks nice!!!

Firefox does have its benefits - its not exactly slow (although I believe it takes a little longer to load, even without any plugins - could just have been differences in PC power though), and compared to Opera it is very very extensible.

But, to be honest, I don't really need any of the extensions - I'd rather simply have the lot by default in a not-very-bloated package. Because, rather amazingly, considering everything that's in it, Opera actually doesn't feel either slow or bloated. Which imho is pretty cool.

But then, having been an Operaphile for the last 5 years or so, I would say that :). Pity I can't buy it now, though - if its free it'll have to come off my "to buy once I've a large disposable income" list :(. Ah well, I suppose it can go on the "donate-when-I've-got-a-large-disposable-income" list - but that means its in a different league (I think a donation to a dev here, for example, would be a drip in a puddle as opposed to a drip in the sea - it might well mean more). Oh well.

Still, tis extremely cool that its now on an even footing in terms of price to everything else that people use :)

i am sticking with firefox because I really like the extensions and theme I have (although, some of the extensions seem to slow it down a little bit). But if I wasn't already so attached to firefox i would probably find opera to be very very good.

splinterz posted on Sep 24 2005 at 08:15 PM said:
don't you think firefox looks a bit boring though & runs slow?, i find opera really fast & it looks nice!!!
Nope firefox was boring looking when I got it, but I have changed it so much, that I can't think of how I could make it any better (interface wise). It does take a while to load though...

I really dislike Operas interface, and prefer less features on a standard install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back