Order Question For Spare First Batch Units

vampire8bit

I signed up for a preorder unit and recieved the email but didn't order. I now want one from the spare first batch units but openpandora.org says I've already signed up. Will I still get an email when the spare units are available? How will the team know i didn't originally preorder a unit so that they can send me the spare batch email? I wish I had preordered now :( There might be others in my situation so any replies can help them as well.

The forums seem to be a lot more reliable for information, in terms of speed.
I didn't receive my pre-order email until quite a few days after pre-orders stopped :D and I didn't even receive the re-order email whatsoever, until I emailed them and told them they refunded me but haven't given me the instructions to re-order.

Hirolaser said:
I signed up for a preorder unit and recieved the email but didn't order. I now want one from the spare first batch units but openpandora.org says I've already signed up. Will I still get an email when the spare units are available? How will the team know i didn't originally preorder a unit so that they can send me the spare batch email? I wish I had preordered now :( There might be others in my situation so any replies can help them as well.
I don't see any reason why you still wouldn't get an e-mail just because you didn't order from the first-batch. It is my understanding that everybody on the newsletter will be informed via e-mail when Pre-Ordering for the spare first batch units will begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
So..if EVERYONE is going to be e-mailed, what are the chances that any of us late buyers will make the cut?

Yeah, I didn't get the pre-order newsletter until about 6 hours after mine was placed... so it probably won't do you much good when there are only a couple hundred left, with a known ship date. My guess is that it will be similar to the initial pre-orders and there will be an announcement a day or two in advance saying what time orders will open, so there can be a proper refresh war over them :)
I feel sorry for the server already.

Crap... I guess that means I'll probably be one of the people having to buy their Pandora off eBay for an extra $100 or $200.

But your $100-$200 could do so much more! Donate it to the dev fund or buy accessories/SD cards or something, just don't help reward any assholes buying up 1st batch units just to hock on eBay. It's not like you'd probably need to wait more than a month or something for 2nd batch orders to open; I don't see why you'd need to look at eBay at all. Were you under the impression that the Pandora will be limited to 4000 units with no other chance to buy one?

Oh wait, they're selling 5000 per a 'month'? Something made me thing that it would be a while for their second batch.

zzaz3 said:
Oh wait, they're selling 5000 per a 'month'? Something made me thing that it would be a while for their second batch.
They said that 5000 a month is the most they would be able to have manufactured. This first batch is supposed to be 4000. Also, I've been under the impression that there's supposed to be some time in between the first and second batch for users to find any bugs, design flaws, etc. with the Pandora before they go through with the more retail-like second batch.

zzaz3 said:
So..if EVERYONE is going to be e-mailed, what are the chances that any of us late buyers will make the cut?
EVERYONE includes those who have already preordered theirs, those who decided to wait for the time when a pandora is actually available, those who registered, but then lost interest, those who received the refund and didn't order back. I don't tking that they are all flooding to buy one of the spare first batch pandoras.

dekutree64 said:
Yeah, I didn't get the pre-order newsletter until about 6 hours after mine was placed... so it probably won't do you much good when there are only a couple hundred left, with a known ship date. My guess is that it will be similar to the initial pre-orders and there will be an announcement a day or two in advance saying what time orders will open, so there can be a proper refresh war over them :)
I feel sorry for the server already.
One of the few places I believe they truly did screw up. The initial newsletter that was sent out gave some details, and then said more details would be sent out a few days before the pre-orders actually went live. There was no such followup email. The pre-order emails apparently didn't start getting sent until the pre-order link went up, and due to problems with the system (and to avoid spam filters) they trickled out, meaning huge delays for some people. If the followup email had been sent with times and the URL sufficiently ahead of schedule, I'm sure these complaints wouldn't be happening now. They'd be replaced by an equal number of entirely new complaints, I'm certain, but these ones specifically would go away.

well i preordered a pandora and have just got an email to reorder.Ive decided not to reorder for certain reasons,so that means theres 1 extra pandora available for the people who want one.

Chip said:
Again, we would like to request that anybody who is unwilling or unable to use one of the payment methods listed above please send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com letting us know that you will not be reordering at this time. The more people let us know that they are relinquishing their preorder, the more we can make available for those who can pay now. The more we can sell now, the sooner we can get working on the second batch which, hopefully, will be purchasable via credit card.

I'm in the same situation, I only submitted my e-mail to the list or whatever about a month ago.
Do they have numbers anywhere of how many people aren't re-ordering?

lulzfish said:
We haven't even finished sending out the repayment emails yet. It will be a little while before we know how many Pandoras will be available from this batch.

Chip said:
lulzfish said:
We haven't even finished sending out the repayment emails yet. It will be a little while before we know how many Pandoras will be available from this batch.

What would be the best way to be alerted first so that one does not miss this opportunity?

Again, sign up for the damn newsletter. Checking the forum once in a while might not be such a bad idea, either.

I've been on it for months, and haven't received a single email from it. Have you?

Gautama said:
I've been on it for months, and haven't received a single email from it. Have you?
There hasn't been anything to send via newsletter since preorders happened. When we are ready to open up ordering again (1st batch leftovers, 2nd batch, etc) we will send out another email.

The email may only go out to the first few thousand people who signed up. If there are still units left, another group will be emailed. We're going to try to avoid crashing the server like the first time we did this.

Back