Ordering From Gp2x.co.uk

vaustein

Hi all,

I ordered a GP2X from gp2x.co.uk last week. The new units were supposed to ship on the 15th. Would others who have ordered from the same site give me an estimate of how long I ought to wait before bugging them? I chose the second least expensive shipping option: delivery 3-4 days from shipping date, I think. Also, I'm in Illinois, and of course the product is arriving from overseas.

vaustein posted on May 17 2006 at 03:25 PM said:
Hi all,

I ordered a GP2X from gp2x.co.uk last week. The new units were supposed to ship on the 15th. Would others who have ordered from the same site give me an estimate of how long I ought to wait before bugging them? I chose the second least expensive shipping option: delivery 3-4 days from shipping date, I think. Also, I'm in Illinois, and of course the product is arriving from overseas.

Hi, I ordered mine on Sunday 7th May - I payed for 24 hours delivery and I am still waiting......

I believe that the stock is arriving from Korea during this week and that they are preparing the packs ready to ship when the hardware arrives. I will wait until this time next week before I chase - As you live in the US I would probably wait a little longer as I am sure they will ship them as soon as they can. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine from gp2x.co.uk some months ago and there was a delay for me too, but please try and be patient. I suspect it really is a case of supply and demand. When my GP2X finally arrived it was flashed to the latest firmware and part of the hold-up was the fact they were testing all the units before they shipped, I've never had any problems with it. These guys (one guy?) do a lot for the GP2X community and take the trouble (in my expierience) to do things right.

vaustein posted on May 17 2006 at 08:25 AM said:
Hi all,

I don't think any of the distributors have stock yet. I'd wait until a couple days after other people start posting their impressions of the MkII units; only after that is it reasonable to assume that your order has some special issue not shared by everybody else waiting for the units to arrive from GPH.

I ordered mine on Sunday, reading that shipping was to start on the 14th of May. I have since discovered that they are 'on the way from Korea'. So 'fingers crossed' they will arrive today / tomorrow. I hope they don't take weeks to get here >.<

I also hope I can get a good overclock speed when I finally get it =D

I believe they are waiting for the Mk2 units from Korea. Shouldn't be long now. You can always call if you are unsure, they are usually very helpful.

Well i orderd mine few months ago with 24hour delivery. didnt come for a couple of days so emaild them. Was told they were sorry but there was a mistake with my order and it would be posted next day. Waited other couple of days then emailed them saying i want to know the truth coz i had a feeliung they were lying about having them in stock and if so id want a refund. anyway got a refund then got one from lik-sang :D much cheaper :D

Why do I always find topics like these just AFTER I place my order. I just wish delays and uncertainty were made clear on these websites.

lintsniffer posted on May 17 2006 at 07:14 PM said:
I'm going to order a Mk2 gp2x soon (like <1 week) I live in Texas, USA so should I order from www.gp32z.com or someother place like liksang?

I had good experiences with gp32z.com and playasia.com. Play asia may have them cheaper, and shipping isn't that much more (and you get some nice free gifts .. cherry candy and a sily hand-puppet/bag thingy)

EvilDragon posted on May 18 2006 at 01:51 AM said:
The MK2 is a few days late, it hasn't arrived any distributor yet.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago. Still waiting. I've been told I'll be getting one of the new upgraded units 'early May'.

<_<

Ho hum

I mailed them yesterday & got this reply:

We now expect to ship on Monday and you will receive a confirmation of despatch email on the day it is sent.

Sorry for the additional delay.

degziebob posted on May 18 2006 at 10:49 AM said:
I mailed them yesterday & got this reply:

We now expect to ship on Monday and you will receive a confirmation of despatch email on the day it is sent.

Sorry for the additional delay.

Well I ordered my GP2X with the carry case, AC adapter and TV-Out cable last monday where I was under the impression that they were sending them out the following monday (The 15th). The 15th came and went and I got no confirmation email so gave them a call yesterday.

I got through to a lovely lady where she explained that they hadn't yet received their stock yet, but they were expecting them to arrive either today (the 18th May) or tomorrow, of which the orders would be dispatched the same day and we would receive them before 1pm the following day.

If you are now saying that they are not shipping out till Monday then they should really update the website or send out a mailshot letting those who are waiting on their order know what is happening - especially since they have all ready taken the money from our bank accounts.

I think the fact that they test each unit before sending out is a fantastic service but their lack of information is my one main criticism.

I don't mind waiting, as long as we don't get to next week & then find out they haven't arrived.

arrg! I have my 2Gb SD card, psu, my 2700mh batteries & 1Gig zip file full of stuff ready to fill my card I got from mininova ... I need my GP2X !!!! :)

I'm sure they'll update the site when the stock is actually in & they are shipping.

Just keep hittin F5 .. it will eventually change!

Well it's usually a case of manufacturer dispatch delay.

I have a First Edition GP2X, order from gp2x.co.uk . And they did get it to me as quick as they could.
I wouldn't worry about it and just be patient. Also send an email to see what's happening.

Hey! I want them packing up my new Mk2, not answering your emails!! :D

Just got this:

"Just to keep you up to date, we now expect to ship your order on Friday/Monday. You will receive a confirmation of shipping email on the day your order is despatched.

Really sorry for the delay but will despatch your order the same day we receive the new GP2X Mk11 consoles."

My problem is that I've got an Mk1 on order from EvilDragon too. I received email today saying that he'll be posting it tomorrow.

How the hell am I going to explain to my partner the delivery of TWO Gp2x's on the same day :blink:

ste_167 posted on May 18 2006 at 02:18 PM said:
My problem is that I've got an Mk1 on order from EvilDragon too. I received email today saying that he'll be posting it tomorrow.

How the hell am I going to explain to my partner the delivery of TWO Gp2x's on the same day :blink:

Convince her she has double vision, just make sure that whatever you do with the left hand must mimick what you do with the right hand, ooh and make sure she is standing real close when you pull both consoles out.

Back