[Original Game] Frootopia

iprice

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Just a small note to say that I am working on another "original" game for the competition - Frootopia.

At this point, the game will be for the Pandora only, due to lack of time and working on other games - including AquaVenture, and a few health and business apps for other users.

Frootopia is original in the sense that it's not a port/remake/remix but the game idea/style isn't original.

No slicing fruit. It's a puzzle game, not Fruit Ninja.

As for pics - while the main elements are done graphically, the background imagery leaves a lot to be desired at the moment. Soon.

The game is working 100% though and has a few different modes of play.

WIP image

froot01.PNG

All imagery © 2013.I.Price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just got some last minute bits & bobs to sort out and then it's done.

Then i need to get back to finishing off AquaVenture.

BTW It's less puzzle and more Match3... OK, it's ALL Match3.

Both of your competition projects look cool (loving the graphical style of both, from what i've seen) and i cant wait to play them but i must admit that part of me is still lusting after Dino Defense, has it been canned or is it still in development?

sorry for derailing the thread a lil i'll STFU now...

I really loved doing Dino Defense (probably my fave game that I've ever developed) and I still want to complete it. I've got so many ideas for later levels and such. Unfortunately I have so many projects on the go at any one time that I sometimes leave some behind for a while. For instance I'm actually working on five apps right now including 3 medical apps that were commissioned, AquaVenture and Frootopia, all of which are near completed. I've also got a completed Guru Logic Champs in the background - running properly on the Pandora, but slower than the Wiz and Caanoo versions - and that's not acceptable to me. I've got other things that are pretty much done too, just missing a sfx or music or some polish. I tend to work like that - get loads of projects done in a short space of time but then spend ages between my next batch of stuff. DD is not coming anytime soon, but it will come at some point.

It does add time for matched tiles - and varies depending on number of matches too ;)

Sorry, I'm not going to add landscape or D-Pad controls. It wouldn't work like that.

This is really nice and fun to play!

I like it very much!

But I think there is a small bug:

I managed several times to pull a fruit beneath another (not matching) fruit.

(You can see a "hole" in the play field).

After that I can not drag any fuit.

Or is that sme feature I don't get? ;)

I'm aware of that bug.Unfortunately it doesn't occur very often, so is difficult to track down. Now the competition is over I'll spend more time on it to be fair,  my main priority was AquaVenture and getting that done and dusted. Frootopia was supposed to be just a quick and easy game. It wasn't as quick or as easy as i expected :p

I'm not a lefty, but you should add the choice in a menu for reversing the screen.

I ran out of time - I actually chatted to Kumaki (she was the only person to see the game prior to it being announced) about adding a left-handed mode. I was too busy with AquaVenture (and a couple of other apps) to add all the things I wanted.

The actual game was originally called Ootopia - so called because I had a bunch of themes planned which would alter the title and the characters within the game, eg Bootopia would be a horror theme, Frootopia for fruit (which is what it ended up as) Qootopia - cute animals etc. etc. I just didn't have time to implement them. I also wanted themes based on seasons and special occasions.

Lack of time meant lots was left out - both in this and AquaVenture. I had several sea creatures planned but not implemented. it doesn't matter, though - the finished games worked out OK, albeit with the odd bug or too, but hey two full free games in two months, while still working on other projects too and real life. That's not bad going IMHO.

I will add (or try to) a left-handed option. Not sure about everything else though.

Back