Os? Languages? Places?

which is your first Language

• Total voters

droneb

OK, hope this one doesnt get hammered down like my last poll

PLEASE DONT MARK YOUR FIRST LANG ON THE SECOND PART!!!!!

the other lang, should only be marked if at least you can write and read

I put down Spanish, but I'm not really fluent and I don't speak it on a regular basis (I took Spanish for 6 years during high school, so I can speak it well, but I don't really use it at all). Should I change my vote and remove it?

DroneB Dev said:
PLEASE DONT MARK YOUR FIRST LANG ON THE SECOND PART!!!!!

In that case, you'll have to alter the poll.
It requires an answer for question 2, even if we don't speak a second language.

So you'll have to change it to say either:
"Which languages do you speak (including your first language)"

or add an extra option of "I don't speak a second language"

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't speak any other languages, including 'other' you can't complete the poll, because you MUST choose at least one or it won't work.

fixed, srry for that one

OMG, please stop marking your first Lang on the second question

Sorry again, im just way too busy programming my soccer team MCU's

also i checked for 5 but forgot i splitted America.

私は 劉 です。

Hola yo soy Liu.

Ich bin Liu. (Okay this one came thru GG Translator)

I took five years of Latin. Can't say as I actually speak it, though. :p

Tom` said:
I took five years of Latin. Can't say as I actually speak it, though. :p
Same. I just decided to neglect to put it in the "Other" option.

What's this, then? "Romanes eunt domus"? People called Romanes, they go, the house?

Yeah, five years of Latin seem like quite a waste of time in retroperspective. I now wish I had learned an alive language when I had the time to do so... but I guess Japanese would have been an order of magnitude harder to grasp than Latin anyway

kuru said:
Yeah, five years of Latin seem like quite a waste of time in retroperspective. I now wish I had learned an alive language when I had the time to do so... but I guess Japanese would have been an order of magnitude harder to grasp than Latin anyway
I don't think that it was such a waste. It helps to learn other languages faster. Learning Latin improves the brain and many Latin words are still embedded in other languages. Learning Italian or Spanish afterwards is a piece of cake. The problem is, you have to learn it right away, else you get old and lose that flexibility.

mali said:
I don't think that it was such a waste. It helps to learn other languages faster. Learning Latin improves the brain and many Latin words are still embedded in other languages. Learning Italian or Spanish afterwards is a piece of cake. The problem is, you have to learn it right away, else you get old and lose that flexibility.
True. I've never seen any use for a latin based language like Spanish or Italian for me personally though. Economically more interesting would have been eastern European ones like Polish. I'd also be interested in Russian or Chinese. But alas no time to study those :)

We've got mandatory swedish here (not too happy about it) and I picked up some german in school as well. But my german is so bad that I could count my extremely bad skills in japanese and spanish as well, but I didn't.

darien said:
No love for Quenya or Sindarin? :p
Yeah, or Klingon, or Talan... :D

kuru said:
Actually, Japanese doesn't seem to be that difficult, if you don't want to learn all of the Chinese characters. Haven't spent enough time to really learn it properly, though.
Latin was a bloody waste of time though. 8 years of learning and I still can't speak it. It does make Portuguese easier to learn but I should just have started with Portuguese or Spanish or French in the first place.

Back