(OT)Anyone ever notice the GBA SP displays?

RoboJoe32

At each place I went to while shopping, all of the GBA SP displays have a vertical flourescent bulb behind the display unit....

1: EB had this.

2: Walmart 1 had this.

3: Walmart 2 had this....

I just thought it was slightly amuseing that a system HEAVILY promoting the frontlight would have so much lighting in the display while the normal GBA display has none :p (you have to cover up the flourescent bulb to see the frontlight in action at all, which appeared to be.......very slight and a little bit too much blue tint for comfort)

Back/Front lit devices need to be in the dark, so the lite need turning of when in the sunlight, which is weird. so a gba:sp might be as anoying with the backlite on or off.

I still have yet to see a GBA SP functioning properly WITHOUT that bright display light.

The SP functions as well as the normal GBA without the light on... The screen is easier to see than the GP32 without the light on, but the GP32 is far brighter than the SP when it comes to lighting the screen.

That said, however, the SP is still good at lighting the screen so you can see what you are playing... I cannot compare the SP to an Afterburner GBA, but from what I have seen it is not as bright - But that may not be such a bad thing... Save's on battery life. :)

As far as the internal battery is concerned, recharge it every day and you shouldn't have to worry about it going flat - Unless you spend ALL day on it!

my afterburner GBA is incredibly bright when turned all the way up, like flashlight bright. And all the dark colours get washed out too, so much so that castlevania becomes as unplayable as it is with no light. Annoying.

Back