Outrun Problems On The Psp.

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
Anyone else had this problem?

I bought OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast for the PSP, and when I loaded it up, it said there was no space on my memory card to create a save file, no matter what I did. I have a 4gb Pro Duo thingy, so that's obviously bollocks. I took it back to the shop and changed it for another copy, and the exact same problem represented itself.

All of my other games work fine with the card, so I'm thinking - am I very unlucky in being dealt with two isolated incidents, or has this happened to anyone else's copy of it?

Just wondering, and of course helpful advice would be appreciated.

Incidentally, I changed my second copy for DarkStalkers Chronicle - now there's an under-rated PSP conversion if ever there was one!

what other games work fine?
the only thing i can think of is some incompatibility with the firmware, sorry.

My other games, which all work fine, are:

Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Gradius Collection
Guitaroo Man Lives!
Guilty Gear Judgement
Me & My Katamari
Metal Slug Anthology
Power Stone Collection
Sega MegaDrive Collection
Sonic Rivals
Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

TwoHeadedBoy said:
My other games, which all work fine, are:

Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Gradius Collection
Guitaroo Man Lives!
Guilty Gear Judgement
Me & My Katamari
Metal Slug Anthology
Power Stone Collection
Sega MegaDrive Collection
Sonic Rivals
Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Try to make a filesystem check on the memory card, via network / usb device.
I guess there are bad sectors.

Hope it helps.
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I had that game ages ago on UMD and it ran no problems. At that stage I was on official firmware with original PSP phat. If you are using official firmware (& happy to do so), check under the Game menu when you put the UMD in - there may be a firmware update option that is required for Outrun to work if you have not updated your firmware in ages.

If it is not that it just sounds like you have been really unlucky :(

Did you buy your memory stick on ebay? If so, you may have been scammed, and your MS is showing it's bigger than it already is.

I got the memory stick from DealExtreme, all the reviews seemed praising of it, and I've had good stuff from them in the past. Thing is, games which I've used for the first time AFTER I tried OutRun saved no problem at all. I also tried updating the firmware, but it said I already had the latest firmware. Guess it really is just a case of being very, very unlucky :(

TwoHeadedBoy said:
I got the memory stick from DealExtreme, all the reviews seemed praising of it, and I've had good stuff from them in the past. Thing is, games which I've used for the first time AFTER I tried OutRun saved no problem at all. I also tried updating the firmware, but it said I already had the latest firmware. Guess it really is just a case of being very, very unlucky :(
apparently DX has had some problems with their cheaper memory stick pro duos above 2gb, they occasionally get a bad card in a batch. if it turns out to be hacked, they supposedly will refund you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drag everything off your ms then format it, put everything back on , then try it,or if thats no good try this, i did have a problem once and the way i sorted was if you format a ms in your psp up to 2gb it formats it in FAT, any thing over 2gb the psp will format it in FAT32 (or the otherway round i cant remember), use a card reader to format the ms on your pc to FAT, then the problems stopped.

Back