Overall Design

ZeroCool3397

Still Fresh
Website
www.thisismyjoystick.com
I'm not sure that this is the right place to post but if not I'm sure an admin will move it to the right section

I'm just curious about the design, looking at the images of the console I see it takes on a similar design to the Nintendo DS and I was wondering how you have addressed the issues with the hinges. With the DS the major flaw is that if it is dropped and it hits one of the corners where the hinges are the screen can literally smash off and I was wondering if there is a contingency plan to solve the issue? or a possible redesign in the mixing pot?

Cheers
Si

Apologies in advance I'm a journalist its my job to question things.

edit: Just realised this needs to be moved to the pandora development section (too many areas to post)

I've dropped my DS a bunch of times. One of the times was particularly violent as I tried to grab for it and made it worse.

If the Pandora is half as tough as the DS I think they are in good shape.

I still believe the "scallop" design of the GBA SP and DS is the best ever and I miss it in all my other handhelds, especially the PSP.

I think this is a very attractive aspect of the physical design of the Pandora, allowing you to just slip it in your pocket and go.

Back