Overclocking GP32

Steth

Still Fresh
I wanted to overclock my future GP32 but i've read that overclocking it more than 133Mhz can damage it. Is this true? there are some tricks?

Sorry for my english.

overclocking the arm processor is an option in many of the emulators and ports currently available. no tricks needed.

overclocking any cpu can lead to instabilities and possible damamge. However as long as you keep the cpu under 166mhz i think you'll be ok as i have yet to hear of a gp32 die from that setting. But not all gp32's can maintain that speed.

one set of batteries i use wont run the console at 166 at all but another set will for a few seconds.

Have you understood what i am asking?
I think I may be able to crack that code ;)

Nobody has reported any problems related to overclocking their GP32. The ARM9 processor is able to run at speeds of up to 186Mhz (if I remember correctly), but the reason most GP32s only go up to a maximum of 166MHz is due to the quality of the RAM installed. If you want to go ahead with overclocking there are some emulators available on my site

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been overclocking mine for some time now. SNES works like a dream for the games I am playing. Anyway the only harm is higher battery usage.

Back