override file specification

Caine

Hardcore Member
One of my current projects is an override file editor (amongst other functionality) for XFCE.

The wiki page mentions the following with regard to the override format:

The ovr file may (at this time) override the icon title, the CPU clock speed to set on launch, the main category, and the first subcategory for the main category. Additional fields will become overridable.

Minimenu honors up to 3 lines of 'notes', pulled from the .ovr file. (Make sure they are in the right subapp group). note-1, note-2, note-3, see example below. The notes in minimenu are shown at the bottom of the detail text panel.

Code:
[Application-0]

title                   HatariHack0

maincategory            Audio

maincategorysub1        Emulator

[Application-1]

title                   HatariHack1

clockspeed              200

note-1                  My note text line 1
The term icon title was a bit vague to me and I interpreted this as two separate keys icon, title. However it doesn't seem to do much when I point this to an icon. I took a very quick glance at the source of minimenu and it also mentions icon overrides.

Are icon overrides at all possible? If so, what is the proper key to include them in .OVR files.

The term icon title was a bit vague to me and I interpreted this as two separate keys icon, title. However it doesn't seem to do much when I point this to an icon. I took a very quick glance at the source of minimenu and it also mentions icon overrides.
As far as I know it is only the icons title (or the title of the icon) that can be overidden

One of my current projects is an override file editor (amongst other functionality) for XFCE.

Is there any progress on this?

Changing meta-data (sub-category, notes line, etc) within MiniMenu is very inefficient as you can only edit one item a time, and then, it needs to relaunch.

A batch .OVR editor would be great!

Back