Pal Nes Clone In A Ntsc World

speedmike

I'm gonna turn it back and run it again
Website
www.zanman.com
Alright,

So I was in Thailand a while ago and I bought a funny nintendo multigame clone for about 10 dollars. Its called pocketgame or something... I can't remember and I am too lazy to go look at the correct name. It looks like a ps1 and has Pikachu on the console.

Without thinking about NTSC and PAL I bought it and brought it home... Later to find out that it is PAL B. That's not such a big problem I can always get a converter or what have you considering I am NTSC, but here is my question which I probably already know the answer to.

In order to play more games on this console I would have to

a. buy the Famicom to nes pin converter
b. buy the pal to ntsc converter
c. buy Pal nintendo and Famicom games

If I have to do part C I think I'll leave it in the closet for a long time :) but if I don't have to buy PAL games for it than I can leave my nes at my apartment at school and bring this system home for use in the summer....

So, to and my rambling I'm asking if you guys think I need to buy PAL format games for it considering it is a Pal B console? I assume that I would have to.

Lik-Sang Pin Converter

but it also says this in the link above:

Play American NES games on a Japanese Famicom

Play European NES games on a Japanese Famicom

Can be used in combination with the Gameaxe or Tristar64 to play any region Famicom/NES games

I've very confused :lol:

i can sell you one of those convertors. The convertor goes into a famicom then you put you american or european games into that. I got some convertors for the pocket famicom. So let me know if you want to buy one :D Also if you want i can sell you one of those pocket famicoms as i got two :D They have a wee screen on them :eek:

i don't know anything about famicom converters and the like..what is the pocket famicom?

The only way I would get a converter is if it could play ntsc games on it. I don't want to buy PAL games for it... or with the converter would I be able to play NTSC games on it?

Cause if I go on ebay there are PAL nes and Famicom games, so I assume that there are PAL and NTSC carts for the famicom/NES. Unless those people are nucking futs and don't know what they are talking about hee hee, but I'm pretty sure it won't play NTSC games ever :(

Back