Pandora Addons

Night

Passerby.
I've been getting bored lately and I have the feeling nobody on the board's has anything more interesting to do than suggest adding random thing for and with the Pandora, just rant about random thing about the Pandora or just stair at Alec's OP Team stalker hoping for an update.

Now that we have finally reached the time where Assembly and Shipment of the Pandora is close, I can understand that, but why waist all that effort on hardware upgrades, lets make Suggestions for Addons instead.
After all, the Pandora does have an extension port, and if I recall right, there was an Arcade sticks Addon as well other random sketches for possible expansions made with MS Paint.

Here's something I made out of total boredom while having the Good old SEGA Mega Drive in mind:
Pandora_CD_parody_mega_CD.png
Don't take this one seriously,

It's just a funny parody of the MEGA CD

Alerino said:
I have a usb powered slim internal dvd/cd combo, taken from a broken laptop, just waiting for Pandora.
A 3G/Ethernet/3-port usb hub would be awesome too

How old is it/where did you buy the USB adapter? I bought an enclosure for laptop CD drive recently, but it requires two USB ports. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Usually, burning needs two ports and for reading one is enough. There are drives with integrated battery available that are able to burn on one port, though.

NightArck posted on 09 April 2010 - 02:34 PM said:
Here's something I made out of total boredom while having the Good old SEGA Mega Drive in mind:

If you go by the scale of that picture.. the Blueray disks must be super small.

TrashyMG posted on 09 April 2010 - 02:34 PM said:

If you go by the scale of that picture.. the Blueray disks must be super small.
[/quote]
Mini Blurays should work, or did I miss it after all?

DVDs-12cm-8cm.jpg

Alerino said:
Bought last month on ebay. This is the adapter. For reading, i confirm Mali's. One port does the job. Didn't try burn cd's yet.

Looks identical to the board that's inside my enclosure... And it's reading with only the data cable. I might have never known this without this supposedly pointless repeat topic. ;) Thanks guys.

That Pandora MegaCD was awesome! Made me giggle for a while! I miss the thread full of random Pandora concept art (and "skins") like the PSX Pandora, DreamDora and Atari Pandora....

As for addon's, I have planned nothing. I have WiFi so internet is covered, I would like to plug in my 3G dongle when it arrives.

I have a 2GB SD Card from my old GP2X a few little SD cards (1GB, 128MB, 256MB) and I recently received a 32GB SD CARD! (From GP32x Member: SONY!)

kingoddball said:
That Pandora MegaCD was awesome! Made me giggle for a while! I miss the thread full of random Pandora concept art (and "skins") like the PSX Pandora, DreamDora and Atari Pandora....

As for addon's, I have planned nothing. I have WiFi so internet is covered, I would like to plug in my 3G dongle when it arrives.

I have a 2GB SD Card from my old GP2X a few little SD cards (1GB, 128MB, 256MB) and I recently received a 32GB SD CARD! (From GP32x Member: SONY!)

Wow! That was really nice of him!

Let's all pester him for free stuff now :D

Your megadrive pic ain't showing anymore [for me anyway]

I'd quite like to give my pandora a TRON look, as will be my retro game device, don't know if posible realy though?
I used to have this flexable ultra flat, just a mm literally, disc which used to light up neon, I used it in my bookcase it was stuck to the top so couldn't even see it but shone it's light down onto the shelf, but it had a small wire that ran to a 9v battery... Which is obviously a bit bulky

could something like this stuff:
LightTape-Spool320x320(129109196084617500).jpg

be used, ideally I'd like to obtain thin strips that I can run around pandora edges only
..I'm not sure how that stuff is powered, but I'm wondering if something like this could run off USB via a really small/plush USB connector?

Probably not, but I'd like it

Other than that, nothing I can think of, I'll maybe get a small cam add on, if some sort of skype/msn app could use it

Attachments

• LightTape-Spool320x320(129109196084617500).jpg
    LightTape-Spool320x320(129109196084617500).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 94
Yes! That gauntlet is the way, serious addons lol

anyone know how those gelaskins people go about business, I wonder if it's just a matter of units out there and them seeing it worth while selling their stickers for a particular device?
Be good if that team started doing gelas for pandoras, they do for quite a few things, phones and consoles, they got good range of artists they use works from and I'd get one/some.

Fzero said:
Yes! That gauntlet is the way, serious addons lol

anyone know how those gelaskins people go about business, I wonder if it's just a matter of units out there and them seeing it worth while selling their stickers for a particular device?
Be good if that team started doing gelas for pandoras, they do for quite a few things, phones and consoles, they got good range of artists they use works from and I'd get one/some.

Looks like those guys have a "Contact us" page, why not try and ask them about it?
https://www.gelaskins.com/contact.php

Btw here's something else I made out of boredom, it's actually possible if you use a Retrode or something, would look quite nice for a "Retro-Gaming" console:
Pandora_Sega_Mega_Drive_Cart.png

Back