Pandora and Talk Talk wireless modem/router.

sukhi2011

I want to connect to firefox and i have talktalk router with ethernet cable but i can't connect wireless connection because you need wi-fi usb adaptor to do it.

How can i be connected please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, my parents are on Talk Talk broadband (I'd never recommend them btw, in case anyone's interested) and you just need the wireless key that's on the top of the box.

Back of the router it has usb port and that's where you put wi-fi usb adaptor without that you can't connect and i've phoned talktalk the person said yes that's correct.

It'a an echolife router which can only be connected with wi-fi usb adaptor and it even tells this on the cd which i got with the router.

talktalk is very good,i use it and i can't see any problems.

To choose good broadband internet you need to know what speed you can get the location the person lives in,where i live company like bt,virgin,sky,orange and many others were very poor in speed there were 2.0 to 4.0mbps and talktalk was the best in my location it was whopping 5.50mbps highest of any provider,so why would bother with others,when they are have poor speeds,always check the speed with the speed checker.

I can buy adaptor for my talktalk router,the question is will it work?

where i live company like bt,virgin,sky,orange and many others were very poor in speed there were 2.0 to 4.0mbps and talktalk was the best in my location it was whopping 5.50mbps highest of any provider,so why would bother with others,when they are have poor speeds,always check the speed with the speed checker.

I can buy adaptor for my talktalk router,the question is will it work?
A couple of things then:

1) I guess you're not in a cabled area of Birmingham. I'm with Virgin Media and I get 50Mb down and 5Mb up.

2) As the only difference between BT, Sky, Orange, Talk Talk, etc. is which equipment your ADSL line is plugged into at your local exchange and the ASDL router in your home, there is marginal speed difference between ADSL ISPs. If Talk Talk's speed estimation page said something considerably faster than the other service providers, I'd say that either they were overestimating their service or the others were being more conservative with theirs. The biggest differentiators in ADSL ISPs are generally Customer Service and price.

If Talk Talk are happy for you to use your own ADSL modem, I'd go out and but yourself a new one.

If Talk Talk are happy for you to use your own ADSL modem, I'd go out and but yourself a new one.

'fixed' someones talktalk router for them by replacing it, they don't support 3rd party routers, and demanded the account details when queried about it, but they can't detect it unless they admit they've put backdoors in the routers

'fixed' someones talktalk router for them by replacing it, they don't support 3rd party routers, and demanded the account details when queried about it, but they can't detect it unless they admit they've put backdoors in the routers
I just wasn't sure if they did any kind of filtering by MAC address or the equivalent UID for ADSL. I recall back in the day of dial up, but ISP needed you to register your Modem MAC address as well as supply a unique username and password. Just wondered if Talk Talk did similar for ADSL.

I just wasn't sure if they did any kind of filtering by MAC address or the equivalent UID for ADSL. I recall back in the day of dial up, but ISP needed you to register your Modem MAC address as well as supply a unique username and password. Just wondered if Talk Talk did similar for ADSL.

it's possible, but no one is crazy enough to do it, mac addresses can be spoofed rather easily anyway :)

Thats unbelivable that they really hate people using other routers

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/9663240/Belkin-F5Z0102-UK-G-Wireless-ADSL-Modem-Router-Wireless-USB-Adapter-Network-Kit-Bundle/Product.html?searchstring=clearance2011&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchfilters=s{clearance2011}%2b&cpage=7&urlre&P36=UVJ87D&affid=hotukdeals&awc=buyat&_$ja=tsid:11516

you should be able to configure this for talktalk id guess and its cheap as chips (obviously there are more expensive better ones available,

Infact thinking about it just plug this into your modem via ethernet it may take a bit of setting up but should work

Edit: dont blame me if it doesnt work :p

I just wanted connected to internet,what you guys talking about different,i don't care which one is better in my area talktalk is the best and rest of them are slow.

Is there anyway of getting connected the router i have.

I just wanted connected to internet,what you guys talking about different,i don't care which one is better in my area talktalk is the best and rest of them are slow.

You're a bit narky for someone asking for so much help...

But to answer your question, if you have to use your Talk Talk supplied USB wireless dongle, then no, probably not.

i'm still rather confused, so it's a router that definately doesn't have wireless? didn't think anyone shipped those in the last 5 years or so

i'm still rather confused, so it's a router that definately doesn't have wireless? didn't think anyone shipped those in the last 5 years or so
No, he says earlier on that his Router has a wireless USB dongle in the back.

To be honest, this isn't really a Pandora support question, it's something to go back to Talk Talk about and tell them that the Modem/Router doesn't seem fit for purpose any longer and to ask them if they'll supply a new one.

To be honest, this isn't really a Pandora support question, it's something to go back to Talk Talk about and tell them that the Modem/Router doesn't seem fit for purpose any longer and to ask them if they'll supply a new one.
Say you wanna cancel and ask for your MAC and they will soon give you a new wireless router I believe in order to keep you,

supply new one do you say,all the routers they do are the same.

Back