Pandora Pandora As Rov Controller

drunkgoblin

Still Fresh
I've been looking at underwater ROV control schemes, some use radios with coax antenna extenders and some use a PC GUI that one can run on a laptop. I was thinking the Pandora might just be the perfect platform for controlling an ROV, the built in controls could be mapped to the thrusters via a USB to Servo controller, and one could use the screen to monitor/record the video feed, all in one nice little package(plus any analog/digital converters one would need to hook up). Obviously this would require quite a bit of coding, of which I am currently incapable, but there's the idea.

For sure, its a good idea .. I also have had the same idea. Actually I think it would be pretty easy to make the Pandora a 'general purpose remote control for R/C planes/boats/autos/etc.' and it sure would be fun to be able to use the Pandora to control a little plane and get video back on the screen somehow.

I guess the hard work is in the radio hardware, but perhaps there are already USB devices out there that will do this, and they just need a driver. Count me in as interested if this gets any further. I would definitely help with driver development if needed.

Back