Pandora boots into tty1 how to proceed?

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
I had this before, then I coudlnt log in because i cold not type my password cause it contained a '!'. So I reflashed and that worked.

But now again it started to boot into tty1, there are some messages that some libraries cannot be found. It asks for a login, but it doesnt login with my password. Is there a way to get from this tty1 environment to the regular os?

I never had issues on linux with password containing "!"... where/how are you inserting it ?

I never had issues on linux with password containing "!"... where/how are you inserting it ?

Well the fn + t combination on the pandora keyboard for it didn't work. But now it's not the problem
Post automatically merged:

IMG_20201122_1831063.jpg

These are the errors it seems it cannot mount something.

Any login attempt results in the message: /bin/login: error while loading shared libraries: libpam_misc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

Yeah if I recall the tty has a different (or incomplete) keyboard map than when fully booted in, thus making it hard to type some special characters.

It's a bit odd, I remember one time I accidentally filled the NAND and it was booting into the shell instead of launching xorg.

Yeah if I recall the tty has a different (or incomplete) keyboard map than when fully booted in, thus making it hard to type some special characters.

It's a bit odd, I remember one time I accidentally filled the NAND and it was booting into the shell instead of launching xorg.

This is the second time, and both times my pandora had a too low battery to start up. And probably it went off because of this low battery.

But I cant login using any of my own passwords is there a workaround so I can get somewhere.

Or would a reflash be the only option?

reflash is likely the quick and easiest option. Thinking through paths to take would be the serial interface on the ext port, but likely that's not an option unless you have the ext connectors which are hard to find and make your own cable.

Well the fn + t combination on the pandora keyboard for it didn't work. But now it's not the problem
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 36683

These are the errors it seems it cannot mount something.
From my reading it looks to me like it failing to find a lib named libblkid.so.1 which is probably related to mounting judging by the name. That could break things and suggests to me something you're running has been built with and older version of the OS, i.e. you've got a bad flash, assuming you've not got the source for things and rebuilt them yourself.

From my reading it looks to me like it failing to find a lib named libblkid.so.1 which is probably related to mounting judging by the name. That could break things and suggests to me something you're running has been built with and older version of the OS, i.e. you've got a bad flash, assuming you've not got the source for things and rebuilt them yourself.

But why would that trigger after i've been using it normally for about half a year? And not installing something new, let alone building someting.

The image i used was from here.

I don't really know. I've never experienced yet (touch wood) and kind of spontaneous corruption that would cause that, but theoretically at least some kind of file system corruption could cause that (although I personally would suspect an aborted reflash if you did nothing to fettle with that area of the filesystem). That sort of thing in mainstream linux can result from a selective OS update, or the administrators pushing an old build of something to the repos, or you manually trying to use an older build of something to get over a software error, most likely in my experience, but during my use of the Pandora I never had to result to that.

I think somehow my left sd card slot is broken, when I want to reflash I get the message there is no card in the slot, and all the autoflash options without pressing the right shoulder button don't trigger.

I think it's time for my pyra :D

It has been a great ten years for my pandora!

Please try a SD Card with little capacy.
1GB and 2GB Cards do Work better for the Rescue Reflashing.

Format the Card to Fat and not Fat32.
Copy first the File named MLO to the empty Card...(very important)
And then the other Files.

When the Omap try to Boot from a RescueCard with the Pandora+Start Button then it search first the MLO File @ the first kilobits of your SD Card.

My English is not the Best to explain that exactly.
There you can read more about this Thing.
And in this Link i did create my own rescue image with an older Zaxxon:

Last edited:
Have just been doing this again (NAND was full...), in fact I´m keeping in the Pandora carrying case just a 16 GB card just for reflashing, it was just the 3rd time since 2012.

Well my sd slot was really fubar'd I screwed my pandora open en the metal came loose, don't know where to solder it. I guess I'll just wait for the pyra now. It had a great run wont bother ED with repairs this time.

I think there was a Way to flash your Pandora from the Second Slot..
..did you tried that to insert the SD into the Second SD Slot and while Booting you should have the Option
- Boot from SD 2:1

..when the Card is bootable and you hold the R Button while poweron.

Or is your Pandora now realy dead flashed and no Picture is on the Screen more?

Thats realy unfortunaly :(

My Ideas are out now.

Maybe a Way is to solder the defective String of SD Card Slot with a Short Cable onto Card itself.

Back