Pandora Capabilities

mojoman

Still Fresh
now we added wifi and bluetooth and a fast processor a keyboard and usb :) thats handy only thing you really need now is a stable repository like most other linux's os to get your games programs applications debuggers program tools. I just hope theres a easy to use repository and program to use with it, i saw one added for the gamepark but havent had time to try it.

1. a repository to download the files
2. a program like yum / aptget / and so forth
3. a webbrowser (that devs will probably build later)
4. filebrowser (makes it easy to send files on a network.
5. multiplayer gamse for more than one pandora in the room

i have used ubuntu fedora linspire and many other linux flavors
i have been a linux man for about 5 years

great things that gameparks / pandoras have

1. ease of use
2. tons of room to do whatever you want.
3. portability
4. when plugged into a computer the sd is treated as a harddrive rather than a sync object.
5. are innovative in design and gaming.
6. commercial developers i will support and buy products from and hope theres more than there was
for gamepark

mojoman said:
now we added wifi and bluetooth and a fast processor a keyboard and usb :) thats handy only thing you really need now is a stable repository like most other linux's os to get your games programs applications debuggers program tools. I just hope theres a easy to use repository and program to use with it, i saw one added for the gamepark but havent had time to try it.

1. a repository to download the files
2. a program like yum / aptget / and so forth
3. a webbrowser (that devs will probably build later)
4. filebrowser (makes it easy to send files on a network.
5. multiplayer gamse for more than one pandora in the room
Some of the devs are already working on (finished?) a package installer system for Pandora. There haven't been many details on exactly how it will work, but it will be comparable to any other Linux package system. A web browser and file browser are also important apps that will probably ship with the first commercial batch. Whether games will have multiplayer capability is up to the individual game programmers. There has been a lot of interest in it so you can probably expect several titles to include that feature.

BTW, Pandora does not have Bluetooth built in. We are expecting to be able to use 3rd party Bluetooth USB dongles or SDIO cards though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back