Pandora Car Charger?

Raz

I've heard that the Pandora Charger is Universal, but can you charge it through your car?

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that those car cigarette lighter devices that provide a USB port or two should work for this, unless my grasp of how the Pandora is charged is completely incorrect. :lol:

IIRC, any PSP charger (car included) should work. I however would get a $20 car to outlet inverter. CODE
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-PI100SB-MicroSlim-Inverter/dp/B000SZS9S2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1238623971&sr=1-2
Has a regular US outlet and USB plug.

Unless it changed the last time I heard, it'll use the same charging port as a psp system, so a psp car charger should work fine on it's own.

'Raz' said:
I've heard that the Pandora Charger is Universal, but can you charge it through your car?
the pandora needs 5v for charging, exactly like the psp. they also have the same type of plug, so all you need to charge it is a psp car charger.

I've got a cigarette lighter to USB adapter, and a USB to PSP adapter. Already installed (and concealed) in the dash awaiting the next phase of my car kit project. :)

CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=ST&f=62&t=44069

I have a pair of large sealed lead-acid batteries and a 400W inverter.
Can I charge the Pandora from this?

They're 12 volts each and 7.5 AH, I think I can get a little better battery life...

This is actually a plan after ive had some good handheld use from it, to build it into my car, in replace of my dvdplayer/lcd screen i have.

Slightly OT. I'm from Australia and we run on 230-240V AC mains, Will the standard Pandora charger be able to handle this? I asume I will need an adapter for the plug but I'm concered that I may need a step down converter or somthing, can someone anwser this?

We'll probably get something like the PSP power supply, which has a universal transformer pack connected to the 5V plug, and a socket on the other end for your mains cord. That way they can send out the same power pack to everyone, along with a local cord.

They won't make us trek to Jaycar for extras, I'm sure of it. ;)

'DigitalWings' said:
Slightly OT. I'm from Australia and we run on 230-240V AC mains, Will the standard Pandora charger be able to handle this? I asume I will need an adapter for the plug but I'm concered that I may need a step down converter or somthing, can someone anwser this?

240V is what the UK uses, so no, you will not need a step down transformers or anything - although you might need a plug convertor, depending on what the Pandora ships with.

Back