Pandora Console Emulator Fact Sheets

Here's the PDF file on Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?l25gj4md1nwweuq

I think it's great. I can help with DOSBox and UAE4All if you like (I already wrote guides to them on the Pandorawiki; you can use those). The full list of emulators available on the Pandora is over here, by the way:
http://pandorawiki.org/Emulator_list

A few more notes: For GnGeo, it would be nice to add a note that "you have to use recent MAME rom set (like 0.142)" according to this post. A lot of people have the problem that their ROMset was too old.

In the beginning, it would be good to add a small note to say that "apps" can also be "desktop" or "menu", depending on where you want your apps to appear (I put everything in "menu" because I don't want my desktop in Xfce to become cluttered).

Also, I think it maybe makes sense to organize it alphabetically by system emulated rather than by emulator, like it is on the wiki, or otherwise have a table of contents at the start.

I'll try to add a link to your PDF on the wiki somewhere, though the preferable option would be to upload the file there (impossible for now because the .pdf extension is banned).

Last edited by a moderator:
A few corrections, Yoshi:
pg.1 "Table of content" -> "Table of contents"
pg.2 for PicoDrive, add " / 32X" and maybe "/ Master System", although it's not very good at Master System to be honest
pg.3 for the /apps description, change to "Pandora applications appear on desktop and in both menus"
pg.3 change "readme.txt" to "documentation" (I'm pretty sure they're not in text format; seems to be some sort of html actually)

For the new DOSBox section... well, I think as it stands now it would be confusing to a newcomer, to be honest. Maybe include a link to http://pandorawiki.org/DOSBox which provides simple instructions to get it working and assign action keys? Also, maybe add "type EXIT to quit". Also, I think "dir /p" is typically more useful because if you have a long list of games, you'll often find that the first part of your list is cut off (and you can't scroll up in DOS).

Also, I think the latest DOSBox version is 0.74svn, not 0.74 (from what I recall, it was an update to 0.74...)

OK, I made some corrections, added Dega pause and changed DOSBox sheet for version 0.3.

I don't add links for the moment. I consider a separate link section or link box for each sheet.

Mednafen does not work on my Pandora. If somebody could post the buttons please, I can add a sheet.

Is this correct so far ?

===== Mednafen-PCE r2b (PC Engine) =====

PND: /pandora/apps/mednafen-pce_r2b.pnd
Appdata : /pandora/appdata/mednafen-pce
ROMs : /pandora/appdata/mednafen-pce/roms
BIOS : /pandora/appdata/mednafen-pce/.mednafen/bios/syscard3.pce

Thanks

Yoshi Dragon said:
OK, I made some corrections, added Dega pause and changed DOSBox sheet for version 0.3.

I don't add links for the moment. I consider a separate link section or link box for each sheet.
Where is the link to version 0.3? (or is it not done yet?)

Yoshi Dragon said:

Mednafen does not work on my Pandora. If somebody could post the buttons please, I can add a sheet.

Is this correct so far ?

===== Mednafen-PCE r2b (PC Engine) =====

PND: /pandora/apps/mednafen-pce_r2b.pnd
Appdata : /pandora/appdata/mednafen-pce
ROMs : /pandora/appdata/mednafen-pce/roms
BIOS : /pandora/appdata/mednafen-pce/.mednafen/bios/syscard3.pce

Thanks

Those directories seem correct, although of course you can put your ROMs wherever you feel like putting them.

Run = START
Select = SELECT
Button I = B
Button II = X
Button I (turbo) = Y
Button II (turbo) = A

I think you may be able to change the button assignments if you are brave enough to mess with the configuration file. I was looking at it the other day, and I think I may try to adjust things slightly.

Yikes, looks like there's some sort of error on the archive, and I can't download it. Is there any chance that you can put just the PDF available for download on its own? I think a lot of us are just interested in the PDF, and will choose which particular emulators to download on our own.

Also, there's a new version of Mednafen that adds support for a whole bunch of consoles:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59533-mednafen-0-9-17-1-wip/

Esn said:
Yikes, looks like there's some sort of error on the archive, and I can't download it.
Indeed, a 404 error occurs when I try to download. I've added the Media Fire Link again to the post.

Esn said:
Is there any chance that you can put just the PDF available for download on its own? I think a lot of us are just interested in the PDF, and will choose which particular emulators to download on our own.
Hmmm, I was already considering this. On the other hand, 30MB is not much (for todays standard). How about a .pnd with the PDF ? Could somebody help me with that and create a .pnd (which creates a link on the desktop/menu) please ?

Esn said:
Also, there's a new version of Mednafen that adds support for a whole bunch of consoles:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59533-mednafen-0-9-17-1-wip/
I will try that one.

Yoshi Dragon said:
Esn said:
Is there any chance that you can put just the PDF available for download on its own? I think a lot of us are just interested in the PDF, and will choose which particular emulators to download on our own.
Hmmm, I was already considering this. On the other hand, 30MB is not much (for todays standard). How about a .pnd with the PDF ? Could somebody help me with that and create a .pnd (which creates a link on the desktop/menu) please ?

Eh... 30mb is, to me, the difference between a few seconds and a minute. Also, some people may live in rural places and have slow internet connections.

Why a PND with the PDF? Why not just the PDF? I mean, the Pandora has a built-in PDF viewer... I understand that you're trying to make a completely newbie-friendly thing, but this guide is also useful to those of us who're not complete newbies, yet we want a quick reference for emulator controls.

I just got my new new Pandora today about 2hrs ago and Ineed help already I have just copied version 0.6 onto my SD card with GBA Biosand rom, now what I have no idea how to start it

Please help me :(

Back