Pandora Drop Test

socket

Very Active Member
The other day I was sitting in my chair ignoring my wife (using my Pandora) when she asked me if my Pandora was working ok... I didn't really think twice about it for some reason. I thought maybe she was referring to me complaining about the nub control before I figured out the reset, etc.

Turns out she had dropped it about 4 feet (1.2+ meters) onto our hard wood floor. She said it landed on a corner and took a bounce. She knows it's my baby and was afraid of me if it was broken. Haha! Just to let you know everything still works great and there are no scratches or scuffs!

Mine survived the impatient 'gimme now gimme gimme let me see let me see' tugging on it from the screen kind of attack from an over intrigued family-member-of-a-friend-of-the-family.

I was mortified when it was happening, and relieved when it survived it.

Funny, I was going to create a topic like this. Last night I was getting out of a car with an arm full of expensive stuff, and out dropped my pandora, about 4 feet onto gravel and concrete.

The hinge is a little loose, but other than that it looks perfect.

Get back to your Pandora music making, or it´s a rubber suit for you! ;)

"Rubber cases, they just bounce on back to you. MIC taking faces, just deplete tax revenue. I leave it up-to you, another well tamed shrew?"

Nah, music is your leftfield :)

How about some boot up tunes?

Good to hear it can take 'The Nintendo Test' - the company used this sort of test for its DS to make sure it's durable enough for the average rough 'n tumble kid. Pandora has a fair bit more in its case, so if it can survive all this battering it can only be a good thing.

Thats it! Once I get my Pandora I swear no children or wives will ever come near it.

mine has survived a number of chucks across the room at and away from my three year old, and i slog it everywhere these days as well too .. if anything happens, i'll be sure to report back immense details.

I was actually thinking an interesting case would be one that could stay on during use, and even perhaps have a ratcheting lid/top so that people wanting to lock their hinge at different angles could just lock the case.

Alas, I can't put my brain thinkings onto paper until I have my unit, but it should be fun to mess around.

When i got mine my sis called me down to do the table reayd for dinner, i was like FFFFFF UUUUUU, and she went to my room, looked at the pandora doing its first charge, "is that your pandora?", and im like, yeah.

I didnt think, but she scurried away with it! i chased her and almost had a heartattack!
luckily she didnt drop it :p

I'm going to keep my Pandora locked up in an airtight chamber, and I'll control it with a pair of gloves attached to the glass. :unsure:

I had my Pandora in my pocket and then ran into a sharp table edge so hard it ripped my pants around the pocket.

The Pandora got a scratch on the battery cover but is otherwise fine... let's call it 'breaking it in' :)

Well, a marketing girl from GPH threw my Prototype on the ground while playing Quake 3 (guess we had a few drinks too much there...)
Quake was still running and the unit was still okay :)

EvilDragon said:
Well, a marketing girl from GPH threw my Prototype on the ground while playing Quake 3 (guess we had a few drinks too much there...)
Quake was still running and the unit was still okay :)
any news on the girl ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back