Pandora Logo - Take 2

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
As mentioned in another thread, No logo was ever actually chosen for Pandora (despite 18 pages of comments).

I went through the thread and picked out the most recent versions submitted. In the instances where there were several minor variations, I just made an editorial decision. If I missed yours (oops) please post it. If you are the creator of one of these logos and would like to make changes, please do so and post it here. If you would like to have your logo added, this is your chance. I will update this post with any changes / additions.

In one week I will create a poll and we can vote. This poll is not official in any way, and you don't win anything. All you get is the chance that Craigix will go with the will of the people and use your logo.

Current submissions (in no particular order)

logo1.jpg
Sphinxter

pandora.png
saehn

logotype.jpg
Shirohagen

pandoralogo6sc1.png
Kagato

06.png
Alex

12.png
Alex

panda13.jpg
jpic3yk

PandoraLogoPrpl.jpg
ledro

sizes.jpg
Eolair

pandoralogo3aq4.png
Fusion Power

f_pandoram_a17418b.png
Eclipse

logo-pan.gif
HanDuo

pandoralogo2b.jpg
Magnulus

pandy878.gif
evilwallpaper

11.jpg
Cauterize

01-1.jpg
Cauterize

03-1.jpg
Cauterize

pand4ym3.png
Nova

01.png
Alex

pandoralogo_translated.jpg
realyst

retro.png
rokdcasbah

P.gif
WarmFluffyUK

I like 3 and 15. I dunno if it's the place for it, but I like shirohagen's graphical logo the best out of all of them, hands down. The text could be tweaked a bit though.

Vorporeal said:
I like 3 and 15. I dunno if it's the place for it, but I like shirohagen's graphical logo the best out of all of them, hands down. The text could be tweaked a bit though.
I agree with you the graphic on #3 is pretty sweet. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
3 is my definite favorite. 21 is kind of cool because it's reminiscent of the Nintendo logo.

I got inspired to make my own. :)

Its threee deee baby!

Click on the P if you want to see the animation again. (Its fun to play it while looking at it from odd angles)

left - click drag go rotate around
right - click drag to zoom in and out
left+right - click drag to pan around

Its a java applet so if you don't have Java. . .

uhh. . . .

guess I should post a pic. <sigh>

PandoraLogo.png

I'm quite particular about things like this so I'd say 14 is the only logo that's anywhere near useable at the minute. For one it needs an icon and lettering, lots are just lettering, also the icon has to be simple enough that it can be rendered in as little as 16x16 for applications and things.

I think the others get parts of it right but aren't really complete, I think most people think that the round lettering and clean background are the way to go at the minute, some of the fonts (especially the square one) are harder to read at a glance and don't really work for an icon.

Also shadowing and effects are cool on a large image, but they don't fit well on a logo that needs to be compact and may be placed on any background. Reflections and shadows just don't work well on logos.

CoMiKe said:
I mean, something like this (but done well):
snip . . .
To evilwallpaper: Sorry to spoil your logo.. :(
I like that idea a lot, here is my take (Eat MSPaint skills Mr. Logo :p)

Edit: I didn't like the first draft, here is round 2:

pandymod2.gif

This is the best part of Wegg's idea:

ejopued.jpg

I kinda like the ejopued, it is a good name that starts with a vowel and a J :D.

I can't edit the original post. Crap.

The forum limits the number of images you can include in one post. I got around it by replying to the original post several times with more images (replies to your own post get merged), but now that there are other replies under it, that won't work.

Just post your logos and I'll compile them when I make the poll next week.

Wegg said:
I got inspired to make my own. :)

Its threee deee baby!

Click on the P if you want to see the animation again. (Its fun to play it while looking at it from odd angles)

left - click drag go rotate around
right - click drag to zoom in and out
left+right - click drag to pan around

Its a java applet so if you don't have Java. . .

uhh. . . .

guess I should post a pic. <sigh>

PandoraLogo.png

I think it would be really cool if that 3d image was the boot image and if it took 10-15 seconds to boot you could move around the viewing angle using the touchscreen the way you can in that java applet kinda like how when the tapwave zodiac boots up it goes GO DO PLAY and makes a noise as each word hits the screen but you can speed it up by just tapping quickly on the touchscreen

Jackd said:
I think it would be really cool if that 3d image was the boot image and if it took 10-15 seconds to boot you could move around the viewing angle using the touchscreen the way you can in that java applet kinda like how when the tapwave zodiac boots up it goes GO DO PLAY and makes a noise as each word hits the screen but you can speed it up by just tapping quickly on the touchscreen
Nice idea. The games Black and White 1 and 2 had interactivity with the Lionhead logo which was really sweet. (Until you'd seen it 10 times and got pissed off from not being able to skip it in number 2)

I like 14(evilwallpaper) best myself. Though on a black background with a nice reflection underneath would be better.

Back