Pandora Online

Vitel

Website
vminko.org
I made my Pandora available via VNC for a few days.

I understand that it's not a real device and your impressions will be very different from usage of a physical device, but anyway I think it may be interesting for someone.

How to access

You need a VNC client. I use TigerVNC, which works well.

Install it and just run:

Code:
vncviewer vminko.org

The server does not ask password.

Only one connection is allowed at a time. So if you get something like 'main: End of stream' that means somebody else is using it.

BTW, WiFi connection is not very stable, therefore I have to restart it sometimes.

What you can do

You can install and run anything you want. I inserted a fresh 4Gb SD card to supply you with free space.

If you need root access - run `sudo`, the password is 'pass'.

Unfortunately my bandwidth is quite low, so there is no point to run fast games, movies, etc.

Things you don't do

You don't do bad things which may cause my Pandora to fail (like overclocking) and/or not let other people to access the Pandora (like `rm -rf /`).

If you have any urgent questions/suggestions - contact me via xmpp: vminko@jabber.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried !!! :)

Its fantastic thanks a lot ...is slow but nice to see.

I have dowloaded a PND (Pushover) and run it...slow but very cool.

Thanks a ton for letting us do this! I could get the .pnd that Farox downloaded to open, probably because I was just to impatient. It was really neat seeing the pandora on my computer screen... although now that just makes me want it even more...

Things you don't do

You don't do bad things which may cause my Pandora to fail (like overclocking) and/or not let other people to access the Pandora (like `rm -rf /`).
What does that button do?

*tries it*

Oops. Sorry about that.

Heh. Just like the ITS Philisophy; if you tell people exactly how to break the system, and give them the capability, they'll most likely not bother.

I went in and left a present.. Nothing bad...

for a minute and a half I felt like I almost had my Pandora..

Thanks for the chance to have a little snoop. Cloud computing at its best. :)

Tried to upload a pygame game I'm working on but no FTP. Probably for the best. :p

Anyway had more than my fair share of this valuable resource.

Thanks again.

I can say now.... that I have used a Pandora. Thank you, for your selfless risk-taking to bring us that much closer.

Something like this should be set up officially by the Pandora team-- perhaps five or so Pandorae, with log-ins using the forum login and a limit of 15 minutes/day or so.

I really, really see something like this easing the tension around here.

This is great and makes me feel I can keep waiting, just spent a couple of minutes browsing around. Thanks so much for letting others use your pandora

Very cool that you are doing it.

I agree it would be very nice if OPT set up a little batch of these (say 10) for developers to test their stuff.

Looks like your website is down, I tried to access your website through google and it's timing out, the VNC viewer times out as well. :x

Thank you all for so many kind replies.

Looks like your website is down, I tried to access your website through google and it's timing out, the VNC viewer times out as well. :x
Indeed, the server got down, but now the Pandora should be available again.

Thanks so much for this! I got some debugging done on Sparks, and now the PND runs! Of course, it's far too slow to actually play the game, not to mention the fact that it requires nubs to play, but it works and anyone with a Pandora should try it.

gvncviewer.png

This is way cool - thanks for doing this! Just knowing you're controlling an actual Pandora somewhere is beyond cool (at least for those of us who don't have one yet...). :)

Back