Pandora Plus Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajedgar

Still Fresh
Hi,

Now that the Pandora is real my congratulations to everybody involved! Truly excellent stuff!

So now I’d like to put in my pre-order for the next generation Pandora Plus with these features:

- 1.2 Ghz dual-core OMAP4
- 1 GB Flash
- 1 GB RAM
- Integrated GPS with A-GPS
- 3D Accelerometer
- PixArt optical sensor (per Wiimote)
- Infrared transceiver
- DC to daylight transceiver (software radio so you can do things like MagicJack purely in software, or FM transmit, etc.)
- USB over 802.11 (usbip.sourceforge.net)
- HDMI out
- WiDi

The updated processor, RAM and ROM, can be done relatively easily without changing the case and minimal changes / re-testing to the main board.

The radios, accelerometer, PixArt sensor, infrared transceiver, etc. could all be housed in a peripheral that clips on the bottom.

Imagine if there was a USB connection under the battery, then you could make a replacement battery with all sorts of extra goodies in it…

Just so you know, there are about a million threads for this already.

twindragons said:
The updated processor, RAM and ROM, can be done relatively easily without changing the case and minimal changes / re-testing to the main board.

The radios, accelerometer, PixArt sensor, infrared transceiver, etc. could all be housed in a peripheral that clips on the bottom.

Actually, the chance in applications processor would cause the most substantial amount of board redesign work of anything you've listed. An external peripheral would mean more design work overall, including enough interfaces to support all of that. I also think that having an accelerometer is quite a separate function from the other sensors you've listed and shouldn't be grouped in a common optional peripheral with it. Triaxial accelerometers are very small, consume very little power (well under 3 mW) and are relatively inexpensive.

What's WiDi? Or did you mean WiFi? Pandora already has WiFi. That makes the request for USB over 802.11 support redundant (a software request that can already be implemented), but since Pandora also already has USB it seems to be of questionable utility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
Just so you know, there are about a million threads for this already.
Most of which are in the proper forum.
This should be in Pandora / General, Dev Corner is for development, not dicussion or speculation.

> But really, come on. Threads like these are bad enough on their own, let alone in the Dev Corner. And it's your first post!

And my last.

Great community you have here.

For Exophase: www.google.com/search?q=intel+widi

twindragons said:
> But really, come on. Threads like these are bad enough on their own, let alone in the Dev Corner. And it's your first post!

And my last.

Great community you have here.

For Exophase: www.google.com/search?q=intel+widi

Haha, I made some one leave.

In all honesty, we're a lovely bunch, just don't be stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back